Worried about not saying the truth

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

OpalWP
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Jun 2017, 9:12 pm

Hey everyone :)

Is anyone 'afraid of lying' or anything along those lines? Do you have a hard time trying to dechiper what it is you think and feel and if you don't say exactly what you think and feel you feel guilt inside? Do you sometimes don't even want to communicate some people in case you will say or act in a way that is not really being the true you and then you'd feel guilty?

Also, do you find it hard sometimes to even know what you think about something or a topic?

Does this make sense? Anyone, lol.

If you're out there, please come find me.

fselzr
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

25 Jun 2017, 5:27 pm

Yes it makes sense. Such things happened to me. I always find it hard to know about thinking about anything, because I feel things as a neutral thing that is not interesting for me. I don't care about the other people, because I've found out that, no matter how good, caring, kind, nice and perfect I'm for some people, then they always will find something that's not right, or they will try to use me as a tool, because they would want me to fulfil their expectations. This is ridiculous that people treat other people just like a tool, and even when they have empathy, then they show it only to achieve their goals. It's a paradox, when empathyless people are acting much more better than the empathic people. In my opinion, the guilt has to be only an information or lesson, because it's pointless to be hooked up on such thing for more than 1 moment.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2017, 5:34 pm

I find it very difficult to lie, even to spare someone's feelings. At my final career appraisal session a few years ago, I told my boss that I couldn't see the point of my job or indeed of the appraisal process. Not a very 'sensible' thing to do: twelve months later I was no longer employed by the company, but I don't regret it.

OpalWP
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Jun 2017, 2:49 am

In part, I am possibly a bit paranoid. But oh for a simpler mind and self, to know things clearly and be genuinely honest with an honest heart.

OpalWP
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Jun 2017, 11:52 pm

What about the balance of not being open but being honest at the same time, does anyone struggle with that or have thoughts on this?

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2017, 12:09 am

The less we think the better.

OpalWP
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Jun 2017, 1:21 am

Could this be an OCD thing?