Veteran

10 Jul 2017, 2:30 am

cyberdad wrote:
Pepe wrote:
It reminds of the old adage that only the "good die young"

Dear, dear, dear...
You aren't wishing that on Susan!
:mrgreen:

Well you can blame the evolutionary process and the fact that competing for resources simply to survive and the aggression required for mating rights was the environmental reality of our hairy ancestors...

These feral kids are simply tapping into their primitive aspects of our evolution...
Even the non sociopaths and psychopaths...

It is axiomatic that the more primitive components of our neurological makeup dominates in our younger years during adolescence when the brain isn't fully developed...
The "reptilian brain" and the limbic brain in the young has much greater instinctual/emotional sway than the neocortex which houses/is-responsible-for qualities such as integrity, morality, (intellectual) loyalty, a sense of justice, etc...
And I won't mention the influences of unfamiliar hormonal...errr...influences...
D'oh!
I just did <sigh>

Most people go through an arse-hole phase until they learn to control their basic urges and appreciate the higher/intellectual cerebral aspects of their humanity...

Have you noticed how there is an abundance of ratbags in the pool of people under 25 (in men) and 22 (in women)?
The insurance companies have, hence the higher cost of car insurance policies in that group...

As implied, studies have determined the male human brain doesn't mature, on average, until around the age of 25...
While the lovely female gender's brain matures in...errr...maturity around 22, well before their neanderthal male counterpart... :mrgreen:

Have you noticed how many people shake their heads (if they have more than one...) at their youthful stupidity...(talk about cringe worthy)...after 30?
No?...
Well I have... :mrgreen:

In conclusion:
While some feral kids will mature(?) into feral adults, there will be others who will/can be rehabilitated...
You have no choice but to accept this...
...since I am the oracle of Truth, justice, and all that stuff after all... :mrgreen:

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2017, 5:03 am

Pepe wrote:
Dear, dear, dear...
You aren't wishing that on Susan!

No definitely not, probably not the most appropriate cliche but you get the gist

Pepe wrote:
It is axiomatic that the more primitive components of our neurological makeup dominates in our younger years during adolescence when the brain isn't fully developed...
The "reptilian brain" and the limbic brain in the young has much greater instinctual/emotional sway than the neocortex which houses/is-responsible-for qualities such as integrity, morality, (intellectual) loyalty, a sense of justice, etc...

Well blow me down!! did you ever study psychology? one minor correction here is that the prefrontal cortex in young people is still undeveloped so there is less executive control over the limbic system compared to older adults.

Young males tend to act more feral/impulsive compared to females due to testosterone, taking risks like attacking celebrities in their homes

Pepe wrote:
In conclusion:
While some feral kids will mature(?) into feral adults, there will be others who will/can be rehabilitated...
You have no choice but to accept this...
...since I am the oracle of Truth, justice, and all that stuff after all... :mrgreen:

Yes that's true! (the rehab stuff)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2017, 7:52 am

cyberdad wrote:

Well blow me down!! did you ever study psychology?

Why the Popeye reference?
And why so surprised? I am very intelijent... 8O

Do you mean did I study psychology at uni?
Nope...I am self taught...
A natural, if you will... 8)
Have you been to uni?

BTW, you don't have to go to uni to be goodly in certain subjects... ;)
Having a piece of paper to put on the wall to impress some people is fine an dandy, but I don't need the snobbery that often goes with it...
Call it autistic disinterest in such things...
Social status seeking is not an autistic ideal...
And I strive to be the bestest autistic I can be... ;)

Errr...I do have a family member who is a psychotherapist...Is that cheating? :mrgreen:

cyberdad wrote:
one minor correction here is that the prefrontal cortex in young people is still undeveloped so there is less executive control over the limbic system compared to older adults.

That is what I said...
My understanding is that the entire brain is underdeveloped...
It was implicit that that referred to the neocortex also...
And that is the problem...
It is the underdevelopment of the intellectual/cognitive aspect of the neocortex which allows the dominance of the more instinctual/emotional component of the individual...

And regarding the effects of hormones, I did mentioned it, though I didn't want to talk about it previously and I don't want to talk about it now...since in part it is self evident...
D'oh!...I just talked about it again!

Cheers m8... ;)

P.S.
I am truly a suppository...errr...repository of all enlightenment...
Truly, I am full of it... :mrgreen:

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2017, 2:14 am

No worries Pepe!

I think you are more like Yogi bear than popeye...smarter than the average bear!