Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2017, 12:57 am

Miss Capital City Teen recognizes no limits at pageant

Quote:
Some might have thought it unlikely that Columbia’s Lindsey Gunter would compete in a statewide beauty pageant. She has autism, after all.

Those doubters would have been wrong.

Gunter chronicled the experience of the Miss South Carolina Teen competition on her Facebook page and found boundless support from admiring fans and family.

She said she is glad she had the chance to talk not only about her situation but also to point out that all people on the autism spectrum are unique.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2017, 10:44 am

I watched the video and I'm also happy that she was given the chance to speak. We need more stories like this. :)

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2017, 1:45 am

I personally hate beauty pageants and find the contestants to be somewhat vacuous and one-dimensional.

However this girl has my support and I really do wish her well. Hopefully this will lead on to bigger and better things for the young lady.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2017, 12:23 pm

cyberdad wrote:
I personally hate beauty pageants and find the contestants to be somewhat vacuous and one-dimensional.

However this girl has my support and I really do wish her well. Hopefully this will lead on to bigger and better things for the young lady.

^^^^
This

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

CharityGoodyGrace
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2017, 2:01 am

Why do people assume we're unlikely to do this or that because we're autistic, because after all OTHER autistics don't do this or that! People should compare people to themselves, not to other people. They shouldn't use other people's success as a barometer for a person's success.