CNN: Execs to Review All Russia Stories After Retraction

Page 1 of 6 [ 96 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2017, 1:46 pm

This is why I stick with Reuters, AP and NPR.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2017, 1:51 pm

Quote:
CNN: Execs to Review All Russia Stories After Retraction

And, they haven't been doing this so far?!? Yep. It shows.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2017, 2:41 pm

So, CNN is showing some responsibility by admitting errors in reporting this story. When ever has Fox or Breitbart, or the rest of the actual fake news done that?

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2017, 10:25 pm

I think my mp3 player has been hacked by the Russians. I was typing on the computer, with the mp3 player on the table next to me, and then all of a sudden it just lit up, all by itself. 8O

There Are Four Lights!

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2017, 10:39 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
So, CNN is showing some responsibility by admitting errors in reporting this story. When ever has Fox or Breitbart, or the rest of the actual fake news done that?

In the late 00's I edited Wikipedia on a somewhat regular basis. They had a list of what media was considered reliable and what was not. It was all about fact checking, not hyper-partisanship. An organization can slant their news like crazy while having strict fact checking. You were allowed to use the Jerusalem Post as a reliable source of Israeli military actions. Fox News was considered a reliable source.

Because of a lot of layoffs and competition from social media pressure them to get the story out now fact checking is way less pretty much everywhere.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2017, 1:28 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:

https://www.google.com/search?q=fox+adm ... e&ie=UTF-8

In my opinion whatever news source caters to right or left bias is fake tabloid news, and news sources like Reuters, AP and NPR are real news.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2017, 1:36 pm

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Sure, I'll give you that they've admitted their f*ck ups. But look at that sheer number of f*ck ups! And most of those admissions of "errors" come across as purposeful untruths and vindictive lies, compared to mainstream news outlets like CNN that makes usually unintended mistakes.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2017, 2:18 pm

Having high editorial standards, and removing employees who violate them points to responsible journalism. Why is this story being spun as evidence of a problem? It's evidence of problem solving.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2017, 6:52 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Sure, I'll give you that they've admitted their f*ck ups. But look at that sheer number of f*ck ups! And most of those admissions of "errors" come across as purposeful untruths and vindictive lies, compared to mainstream news outlets like CNN that makes usually unintended mistakes.

https://www.google.com/search?q=fox+adm ... mits+error

At a general glance it looks about the same on both sides to me.

To me both just seem too glitzy, splashy, flashy, celebrity magazine looking, lots of fluff, stuff like that. I just want pure dry unadulterated news.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2017, 8:16 pm

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

https://www.google.com/search?q=fox+adm ... mits+error

At a general glance it looks about the same on both sides to me.

To me both just seem too glitzy, splashy, flashy, celebrity magazine looking, lots of fluff, stuff like that. I just want pure dry unadulterated news.

Looking good for ratings is one thing, but allowing perception of the facts to be warped by ideology is quite another.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2017, 11:08 am

This story is also relevant to this topic, and makes the same argument that I did in a previous post.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opin ... story.html

Quote:
The story, citing one anonymous source, claimed the Senate intelligence committee was looking into a meeting between the head of a Russian investment fund and Trump ally Anthony Scaramucci shortly before Trump took office.

Saying the story did not meet the network's editorial standards, CNN pulled it from the website the night after it was published and apologized to Scaramucci. The network then accepted the resignations of the three journalists involved in the piece.

That doesn't sound like something a fake news network would do. It sounds like a news organization taking swift responsibility for screwing something up and journalists taking responsibility for their actions.

Scaramucci seemed to think so as well, responding via Twitter: "CNN did the right thing. Classy move. Apology accepted. Everyone makes mistakes. Moving on."

CNN has not said the story itself is false, only that they prematurely promoted it as true.

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2017, 5:49 pm

If you weren't reviewing your cable subscription, a long time before, there is nothing more I can say to fix you. Please go sit in the corner.

But, if you have followed this cheesy soap opera for long enough, you would remember that Hillary had first threatened Russia, over Server-gate.

:jester: Could you also retract the crisis actors, who could not stay in character, and the really bad (like, Rocky and Bullwinkle bad) surnames. There is a saying about 'central casting.' It might have been an improvement, over improv. Bang, ding, ow.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2017, 3:52 am

friedmacguffins wrote:
If you weren't reviewing your cable subscription, a long time before, there is nothing more I can say to fix you. Please go sit in the corner.

But, if you have followed this cheesy soap opera for long enough, you would remember that Hillary had first threatened Russia, over Server-gate.

:jester: Could you also retract the crisis actors, who could not stay in character, and the really bad (like, Rocky and Bullwinkle bad) surnames. There is a saying about 'central casting.' It might have been an improvement, over improv. Bang, ding, ow.

Clinton was just supposed to let Russian attempts to derail her go unanswered?

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2017, 4:00 pm

Do you have a keen memory, AS people? Most movie characters and other fictional narratives are derivative, rip-offs.

Quote:

If you are so smart, make me a better man.

What is a falsifiable burden of proof, showing whether they literally tried to derail her.

Also, did she not say that Server-gate was a Russian cyber-attack, pertaining to critical infrastructure.

The whole line of discussion seems to be recycled, a casus belli.

I personally find it questionable, that vital interests or, say, driverless cars, should be on the internet.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2017, 8:01 pm

friedmacguffins wrote:
Do you have a keen memory, AS people? Most movie characters and other fictional narratives are derivative, rip-offs.

Quote:

If you are so smart, make me a better man.

What is a falsifiable burden of proof, showing whether they literally tried to derail her.

Also, did she not say that Server-gate was a Russian cyber-attack, pertaining to critical infrastructure.

The whole line of discussion seems to be recycled, a casus belli.

I personally find it questionable, that vital interests or, say, driverless cars, should be on the internet.

You've been given example after example of Russian interference time and time again, and so I know nothing I say will satisfy you.

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2017, 7:25 am

jrjones9933 wrote:
Having high editorial standards, and removing employees who violate them points to responsible journalism. Why is this story being spun as evidence of a problem? It's evidence of problem solving.

The political administration, and advertising company, have thrown their mouthpieces, under the bus.

I guess, these people could have been re-purposed to say something useful or nice, put on a new face (pun intended) without ruining their credibility.

But, it was like a soap opera or media production, where some phony character is written out of the script.

Most people are not asking any intelligent questions, about what should replace them. What would be the new narrative or political dynamic, now that this is a done, dead horse.