Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

DevilKisses
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2017, 10:05 am

I have this crazy stalker going after me. I need my WP posts all deleted.

Empathy
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2017, 7:16 pm

Well you're only stalked if you feel you're being stalked. Unfortunately, once a post is posted, that's it.
Take it or leave it as they say. I'm always putting things I wonder if it was right putting later, sometimes you cringe to yourself other times, your thoughts actually echoed those fears or feelings both out loud.

DevilKisses
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2017, 12:49 pm

I really am being stalked. I don't feel I'm being stalked. This guy is going to link my WP posts to a whole different forum.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2017, 4:55 pm

We can't delete ALL of your posts.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2017, 5:10 pm

DevilKisses wrote:
I really am being stalked. I don't feel I'm being stalked. This guy is going to link my WP posts to a whole different forum.

TBH that doesn't sound like a typical stalking tactic ( I'm no expert though ) , can't you reason with this guy or get someone else too.

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2017, 6:41 pm

DevilKisses wrote:

How do they know which ones are yours, like how did they find out which profile is yours?

And why are they wanting to post your posts to another forum? Are they planning to post up stuff to get you flamed on this other site or something? Maybe you can talk to the mods on that site and report that user and they can intervene, if its against site rules. But not sure what type of site we are talking...or if it has moderators that do anything about that kind of thing.

I have had some similar things occur in the past, and sometimes the moderators simply didn't do anything, certainly drove me away from a couple forums, but nothing that's even active anymore.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2017, 10:15 am

From what I've seen, DevilKisses, you have written nothing that you should be ashamed of. I understand the stalker is invading your privacy, though.

What harm can really come if it so happens that this stalker actually posts what you wrote on any forum?

Like I said, it's not like you promoted something like pedophilia here.

I would tell the guy to "do what he has to do." Call his bluff.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2017, 4:06 pm

DK, please refresh your knowledge of the Terms of Service, especially these conditions:

Rights
———————-
WrongPlanet.net reserves full rights to information and content posted anywhere within the
wrongplanet.net domain by any of its visitors, members, and staff.

By posting to the forums, or any other sections of this site, you signify agreement that you
are giving WrongPlanet permission to use, modify, and reproduce your submission, in part or
in whole, in any way, shape, form, or method in which we decide to do so, at any point in
the present or future at our discretion.

Any and all information posted on WrongPlanet.net may not be copied or used elsewhere, in
any way, shape, or form, either on the Internet or in print without express written consent
of an owner of WrongPlanet.net.

Enforcement of Copyright
———————-
WrongPlanet will enforce its copyright. If we become aware of a user’s violation of the
copyright, a note will be sent to that user requesting the user to remove the infringement
from that individual’s or company’s website or other place of publication. If the user or
organization does not comply with this request, access to WrongPlanet may be revoked and
WrongPlanet may send the infringing individual or organization a desist letter. If the
individual or organization does not comply with the cease and desist letter, we will
consider taking legal action.

Contact Alex directly about this, supply the website's name and provide examples of material from WP which has been illegally copied without permission. You could also post a note about TOS violations on the website where your stolen posts have been reposted, and let the mods/website owner there know WP's TOS also.

That may be enough to stop any/any further violation of your posts.

We could help you change username here if you want to do that, given the circumstances. Contact one of the mods if you want to arrange this.

Hope this helps.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2017, 4:13 pm

^ you don't seem to be helping your case.

DK, its technically unfeasible to erase all of a member's posts, thousands especially, but if you have a handful of especially sensitive of critical posts that you'd like gone, that much can be arranged. choose wisely. :ninja:

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Alleged_Stalker
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 Jul 2017, 4:20 pm

Kiprobalhato wrote:
DK, its technically unfeasible to erase all of a member's posts, thousands especially, but if you have a handful of especially sensitive of critical posts that you'd like gone, that much can be arranged. choose wisely. :ninja:

Mod Note
Alleged Stalker has asked for all of his posts to be removed so that he can withdraw from this particular thread and from presence on WP. (Done).

DevilKisses
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2017, 10:39 pm

Kiprobalhato wrote:
^ you don't seem to be helping your case.

I'd just like posts that have my photos, link to dating profiles or mention my ethnic background to be deleted. I'm totally fine with the rest of my posts staying. I already tried to delete my photos. I guess it was stupid of me to believe the member's only forum was private from people outside of this forum. Maybe alex should improve forum security and make sure nothing from the member's only section is googleable.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2017, 1:34 am

Perhaps if you did the preliminary work on your request, which would be a LOT of work for one moderator, the modteam might be more willing to consider your request. First you would need to make a list of links identifying each thread and which post in each of the threads
contains your photos etc.

Then post the whole list on this thread. Unless there are a hugely excessive amount (splitting threads is a tedious and time consuming task) then the modteam might agree to split the list up so that no one moderator has to spend hours and hours on a thankless task.

If the photos you want removed are under a total of 10, then you could just report those posts as if you were reporting a rule-breaching post, rather than posting them here, and the modteam will consider them in due course.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2017, 2:16 am

DevilKisses wrote:
I'd just like posts that have my photos, link to dating profiles or mention my ethnic background to be deleted. I'm totally fine with the rest of my posts staying. I already tried to delete my photos. I guess it was stupid of me to believe the member's only forum was private from people outside of this forum. Maybe alex should improve forum security and make sure nothing from the member's only section is googleable.

seems reasonable enough, thanks. :)

if the pictures are hosted on a third party website, you can just erase them from there and every instance of that posted image throughout the forum should disappear, but i'm not sure if you mean to say you tried that already.

it wouldn't be too hard to search your posting history using the appropriate keywords relevant to your ethnicity or dating profiles, deleting whatever match may come up, but the key issue is getting those keywords.

it really shocks me to hear that the "members only" forum isn't invisible to google anymore. i know it used to be, but maybe google changed their search engine and the forum software got left behind?
that really sucks, because now it's just another random discussion basically if that's indeed true.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2017, 3:14 am

Just delete the threads. It is an easier job.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2017, 3:20 am

it would be a lot of threads.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2017, 3:26 am

Kiprobalhato wrote:
it would be a lot of threads.

It would be but it beats having to go through individual posts.

I hope its not that David Merrell Gill guy everyone keeps talking about.