Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2017, 8:53 am

As a mod has suggested couldn't you delete all of your photo's from your picture host and change your forum name - maybe even change your age & location ( different continent ) and personal info in your profile - just a suggestion.

You could then point out the inconsistencies if they were ever made public and you wouldn't even be lying :D

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

DevilKisses
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2017, 1:48 am

Kiprobalhato wrote:
DevilKisses wrote:
I'd just like posts that have my photos, link to dating profiles or mention my ethnic background to be deleted. I'm totally fine with the rest of my posts staying. I already tried to delete my photos. I guess it was stupid of me to believe the member's only forum was private from people outside of this forum. Maybe alex should improve forum security and make sure nothing from the member's only section is googleable.

seems reasonable enough, thanks. :)

if the pictures are hosted on a third party website, you can just erase them from there and every instance of that posted image throughout the forum should disappear, but i'm not sure if you mean to say you tried that already.

it wouldn't be too hard to search your posting history using the appropriate keywords relevant to your ethnicity or dating profiles, deleting whatever match may come up, but the key issue is getting those keywords.

it really shocks me to hear that the "members only" forum isn't invisible to google anymore. i know it used to be, but maybe google changed their search engine and the forum software got left behind?
that really sucks, because now it's just another random discussion basically if that's indeed true.

I guess I'll search for the posts myself. Kiwifarms found me a year ago and I'm trying to erase all evidence that this account belongs to me. I've already tried to change my avatar and username, but it doesn't work. Maybe there should be a warning that the member's only section is indexed on reverse google image searches.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2017, 7:51 am

DevilKisses wrote:
Kiprobalhato wrote:
DevilKisses wrote:
I'd just like posts that have my photos, link to dating profiles or mention my ethnic background to be deleted. I'm totally fine with the rest of my posts staying. I already tried to delete my photos. I guess it was stupid of me to believe the member's only forum was private from people outside of this forum. Maybe alex should improve forum security and make sure nothing from the member's only section is googleable.

seems reasonable enough, thanks. :)

if the pictures are hosted on a third party website, you can just erase them from there and every instance of that posted image throughout the forum should disappear, but i'm not sure if you mean to say you tried that already.

it wouldn't be too hard to search your posting history using the appropriate keywords relevant to your ethnicity or dating profiles, deleting whatever match may come up, but the key issue is getting those keywords.

it really shocks me to hear that the "members only" forum isn't invisible to google anymore. i know it used to be, but maybe google changed their search engine and the forum software got left behind?
that really sucks, because now it's just another random discussion basically if that's indeed true.

I guess I'll search for the posts myself. Kiwifarms found me a year ago and I'm trying to erase all evidence that this account belongs to me. I've already tried to change my avatar and username, but it doesn't work. Maybe there should be a warning that the member's only section is indexed on reverse google image searches.

I've just done a quick search using Kiwifarms and various keywords and found you. If your posts here are linked to you picture host ( not going to mention the name ) backup up your photo's and delete the account and start another one with a new user name - the photo's here will disappear then. As for Kiwifarm it wouldn't surprise me if a member here uses it and enjoys the trolling ( not everyone here has autism ) , I know it's not easy what your going through but you will soon be forgotten on kiwifarm and will fall off the page , people like that get bored very easily and move on to another target once they've had theyre fun.

Although it doesn't help someone there posted a comment about how sexy you look ( they used different terminology )

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2017, 10:06 am

I don't want to make anyone paranoid or anxious but this thread should be a cautionary tale to posters who wish to remain anonymous. You need to be very careful about names you use for picture hosts and other websites you belong to and using the same photo's elsewhere because you are leaving a digital trail that any budding internet detective can piece together. I'm guessing some members on kiwifarm take delight being amateur detectives and linking things together , I for one used to do it on auction forums to out people who broke the rules. If you wish to remain anonymous be very careful about what information you post even in the members only section.

If anyone thinks that the above post sounds like paranoia and is not helpful please ask a mod to remove this post.