Page 1 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2017, 11:47 pm

I'm not sure about the region you live in/grew up in/see profiles from, but here in the U.S. at least people have warped ideas about body size because so many people are overweight and obese. So a body that is clearly obese to some people might just seem overweight to USians.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2017, 12:28 am

starkid wrote:
I'm not sure about the region you live in/grew up in/see profiles from, but here in the U.S. at least people have warped ideas about body size because so many people are overweight and obese. So a body that is clearly obese to some people might just seem overweight to USians.

This is true. However the same can't be said for age.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2017, 12:35 am

starkid wrote:
I've spent a decent amount of time on dating sites and I've never noticed this. Are you sure you aren't just making assumptions about their age? A 37-year-old and a 47-year-old don't necessarily look very different, and people from different ethnic backgrounds age differently.

Unless they have Werner Syndrome, which is an exceedingly rare premature aging disorder, I am fairly certain. At least as much as one can be without looking at vital records.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2017, 12:40 am

If you put a bunch of 56-year-old people in a room, and lined them up, you'll find they run the gamut as far as "looking old" is concerned.

I have seen people of that age look in the 20s; and I've seen people of that age look in the 80s.

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

27 Jun 2017, 12:55 am

Well, this is a coincidence. I know better, but I signed up in a dating site this evening. I even made a friend. Then I had a nap and when I woke I was sane again. I've been there, done that. It's fake. I know that they hire writers @ Guru.com to create and maintain Matches. Talk about fiction! But will they let me say "Fat egg-head seeks same"? Nope. And any blanks that I type in are reviewed. Surely there's a fat egg-head out there somewhere? I got a match, so I asked what he read, and he didn't know. :roll:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2017, 12:57 am

I'm a chubby egghead.

caitlinthefish
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

27 Jun 2017, 1:03 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I'm a chubby egghead.

same, to be honest.

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

27 Jun 2017, 1:07 am

Should we make Chubby Eggheads Forum?
Oh - no more new forums.
How about a Thread - worth it?

p.s. I'm worse than chubby.

caitlinthefish
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

27 Jun 2017, 1:09 am

Claradoon wrote:
Should we make Chubby Eggheads Forum?
Oh - no more new forums.
How about a Thread - worth it?

p.s. I'm worse than chubby.

oh, hush, I'm sure you look just fine.

what kind of egg-headed things would we be discussing?

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2017, 1:36 am

You should talk about Dolma eggplants.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2017, 1:40 am

caitlinthefish wrote:
To be honest, I don't know why people lie on a profile for a dating site. I was on tinder for a while last year (women, don't go there. It's the garbage can of men) and I explicitly put in my bio that I was looking for a relationship. Apparently, people don't read them anymore because I had someone message me asking to basically have sex with them. Ummmmmmmmmm... no. That's not happening.

After that experience, it turned me off on dating sites for forever. I'd rather meet a real person and walk into the relationship knowing what they look like rather than see them on a website and then have a date with them only to find out they look nothing like their picture... that's assuming I get a date in the first place.

Or maybe, most probably, you swipe right only on the garbage men!

Like what's the % of men did you swipe right?
Did you try to swipe on all of them to see the % of "garbage can men" out of them? I bet you did not.

Women also don't read profiles btw; for example I clearly state that my height is 5'3 in profile info- but then they ask me about my height in chat or act surprised when they meet me. But I don't call women on it as garbage.

Btw many men here may be using Tinder; it is a popular app.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2017, 3:23 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
If you put a bunch of 56-year-old people in a room, and lined them up, you'll find they run the gamut as far as "looking old" is concerned.

I have seen people of that age look in the 20s; and I've seen people of that age look in the 80s.

I have a difficult time determining age between 25 and 36, which is one reason I'm hesitant to approach men...I don't want to be that creepy old lady who's hitting on young guys. I'm creepy enough as it is. But I've never seen a 56 year old who I thought looked like they were in their 20s.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2017, 4:17 am

Chronos wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

I have a difficult time determining age between 25 and 36, which is one reason I'm hesitant to approach men...I don't want to be that creepy old lady who's hitting on young guys. I'm creepy enough as it is. But I've never seen a 56 year old who I thought looked like they were in their 20s.

When a woman dates a man younger than her, this what happens:

https://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/aeej1Gm_700b.jpg

Btw, I am dating someone older, by 2 years.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2017, 4:30 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Chronos wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Two years is fine but 10 years is quite a bit even if it were an older man and younger women, and men in their mid to late 20s usually have their sights on women in their early 20s and have a difficult time with the concept of dating someone even 3 years older than them. And remember I apparently creep people out regardless.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2017, 5:27 am

How do you creep people out? By your intellect ?

When I was in my 20's, I used to have bad crushes on intellectual-type older women. A woman of your erudition would have had me wrapped around her middle finger :heart:

You're not quite the "cougar" age yet (we didn't have the term when I was in my 20s).

It wouldn't make sense for a guy in his, especially, late 20s to be "creeped out" by you, In fact, he'd be one lucky fella should you choose him.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2017, 6:43 am

Chronos wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Chronos wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Two years is fine but 10 years is quite a bit even if it were an older man and younger women, and men in their mid to late 20s usually have their sights on women in their early 20s and have a difficult time with the concept of dating someone even 3 years older than them. And remember I apparently creep people out regardless.

Yeah, I remember your other thread.

Your case is strange; honestly I think you surely need to change looks or something. I won't sugar-coat it: Something is wrong and very weird, people usually aren't easily creeped by stranger women in the street because they are by far seen as less threatening.

Do you have androgynous features? Do people mistake your gender? Are you a member of a hated minority ethnicity there? Something is so weird.