Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

StinkyDog
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

StinkyDog
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Jun 2017, 10:49 pm

Oh my. The rich b*tches are getting serious. No more money to the Repugs until they've cut taxes and gutted health care.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/koch-urgency ... ction.html

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2017, 11:43 pm

Well, your second link certainly highlights the pecking order in our society: business>government>citizens.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2017, 3:59 am

Aristophanes wrote:
Well, your second link certainly highlights the pecking order in our society: business>government>citizens.

Exactly.

We need to remember that Donald Trump is just a puppet. Let's look at his puppeteers.

The Koch brothers need to be put on trial for crimes against humanity. They are enemies of free humanity and should be treated as such.

Lots of people nowadays think that ISIS is the most evil organization in the world. Is it? Maybe. Maybe not. Of course, the US military is run by megacorporations who only want to make a profit.

America will never truly be the world's peacekeeper until the government becomes truly democratic. Nothing good will ever happen until lobbying ends.

The Koch Brothers are traitors to America and the American people. They are enemies of humanity and they should be treated as such.

Future generations will look back on the Koch Brothers in the same way we look back on King George the Third.

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

RichardJ
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2017, 11:09 pm

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
Aristophanes wrote:

Exactly.

We need to remember that Donald Trump is just a puppet. Let's look at his puppeteers.

The Koch brothers need to be put on trial for crimes against humanity. They are enemies of free humanity and should be treated as such.

Lots of people nowadays think that ISIS is the most evil organization in the world. Is it? Maybe. Maybe not. Of course, the US military is run by megacorporations who only want to make a profit.

America will never truly be the world's peacekeeper until the government becomes truly democratic. Nothing good will ever happen until lobbying ends.

The Koch Brothers are traitors to America and the American people. They are enemies of humanity and they should be treated as such.

Future generations will look back on the Koch Brothers in the same way we look back on King George the Third.

I hate to break it to you, but the Koch brothers supported Clinton during the 2016 election. And to contrast the Koch brothers with their liberal analogue George Soros, while they created many, many jobs in manufacturing and heavy industry, Soros is thought to have had the effect of collapsing various currencies through his management of hedge funds, a business that I add, creates very few jobs.

I also must defend King George III because he gets so little credit, could anyone have governed better under the same circumstances. Most of the mistakes made by the British Government during the American Revolution were made by Parliament anyway.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2017, 12:46 am

RichardJ wrote:
DarthMetaKnight wrote:
Aristophanes wrote:

Exactly.

I hate to break it to you, but the Koch brothers supported Clinton during the 2016 election. And to contrast the Koch brothers with their liberal analogue George Soros, while they created many, many jobs in manufacturing and heavy industry, Soros is thought to have had the effect of collapsing various currencies through his management of hedge funds, a business that I add, creates very few jobs.

I also must defend King George III because he gets so little credit, could anyone have governed better under the same circumstances. Most of the mistakes made by the British Government during the American Revolution were made by Parliament anyway.

George III struggled with mental illness, while the Prince Regent was a selfish fop. Or in other words, the executive branch of the British Empire was run by incompetents.
Yes, the Kochs had not supported Trump during the election, but now they're trying to make lemonade out of the lemons they've been dealt.
George Soros has become the Republican's bogeyman. I think the charges against him are as legitimate as the lunacy that Obama had been born in Kenya.
Even if the Kochs have created jobs, that hardly makes them on the same side as the rest of us - meaning both liberal and conservative commoners. When did they ever consult with ordinary Americans? They were interested only in the opinions of other plutocrats whose goal in life is to make as much money as possible, by paying their labor as little as possible.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2017, 9:31 am

Kansas tried their supply-side economics, and failed.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2017, 1:26 pm

jrjones9933 wrote:

Unfortunately for Kansas, the only person who pretty much doesn't understand what a failure trickle down has been for their state is their Governor, Sam Brownback.

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2017, 3:49 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
jrjones9933 wrote:

Unfortunately for Kansas, the only person who pretty much doesn't understand what a failure trickle down has been for their state is their Governor, Sam Brownback.

Grover Norquist defended Brownback's tax cuts as "the right thing for the economy", and asserted that Kansas is in better economic shape than what has been described by critics, noting that 57,000 jobs were created in the private sector and more funds have been invested on education than in the past. He further asserted that Kansas "[has] provided a model, a successful model, that will phase out the income tax."

That is just madness. This isn't the right thing for any economy. Kansas is not in better economic shape. Private sector jobs and budget holes are nothing to celebrate about. Nothing has been invested in education. If this model became country wide, I can't think of what will become of this nation.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2017, 4:05 pm

Aspiegaming wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
jrjones9933 wrote:

Grover Norquist defended Brownback's tax cuts as "the right thing for the economy", and asserted that Kansas is in better economic shape than what has been described by critics, noting that 57,000 jobs were created in the private sector and more funds have been invested on education than in the past. He further asserted that Kansas "[has] provided a model, a successful model, that will phase out the income tax."

That is just madness. This isn't the right thing for any economy. Kansas is not in better economic shape. Private sector jobs and budget holes are nothing to celebrate about. Nothing has been invested in education. If this model became country wide, I can't think of what will become of this nation.

Kansas, in the 1800s called "Bloody Kansas," had been the dress rehearsal for the Civil War. Even John Brown had gotten his start there with acts of indefensible violence before going on to Harper's Ferry, as did Bloody Bill Anderson, the violently fanatical pro-slavery guerrilla. It would be a case of historic irony if Kansas again served as the embryonic beginnings of yet another national disaster.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2017, 7:54 pm

jrjones9933 wrote:

Supply-side economics never truly "fails".

The point of supply-side economics is to help the rich get richer. In that sense, it succeeds.

When propaganda brainwashes people, it succeeds. You don't call a piece of propaganda a "failure" just because it contains lies.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2017, 9:11 pm

Since no one seems to have caught on yet, I'm going to point out that our recent smelly canine addition bumps Pandabear/ArrantPariah's threads, trolls the same people that user trolled, and even has a username mocking the mod who banned said troll. Draw your own conclusions.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2017, 9:49 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Since no one seems to have caught on yet, I'm going to point out that our recent smelly canine addition bumps Pandabear/ArrantPariah's threads, trolls the same people that user trolled, and even has a username mocking the mod who banned said troll. Draw your own conclusions.

Two things.

1. StinkyDog is female. Why would she lie about that?
2. ArrantPariah was cool, funny and awesome. I liked him. Don't insult my bro.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2017, 10:35 pm

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
Dox47 wrote:

Two things.

Right on both counts.

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2017, 2:52 am

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
Dox47 wrote:

Two things.

You're allowing personal bias and your political affiliation with another user to warp your ability to reason. How you determined point 1 was influenced by point 2 and is completely illogical.

On a sock puppet account gender is irrelevant. In fact people are more likely to lie about their information on a sock puppet account, gender included. Point 2 shouldn't determine point 1, and I'm saying that as someone who never had a problem with Arrant.

Dox made very good deductions here and he is most probably (though not necessarily) correct.
Just because you don't like him doesn't mean you have to be contrarian to everything he says.

Last edited by TheSpectrum on 03 Jul 2017, 2:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2017, 2:54 am

Plus Kansas is a theocracy. They don't call it Brownbackistan for nothing.

Mary "Psycho C**t" Fallin is as bad as Brownback, down in OKKKlahoma.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!