Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2017, 10:04 pm

Brand new spot on my left leg and it looks like this close up (there's also another small black speck nearby):

It's still small and not raised, but it exhibits the following ABCDE features for melanoma (though it could just be a dysplastic nevus):

Asymmetry : it's very clearly asymmetric.

Borders: The borders are quite irregular with some notching and blurring.

Color: The shades of brown present range from black to light brown.

Diameter: Does not meet.

Evolving: It's new but I have not seen it make any changes since I just discovered it.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

01 Jul 2017, 7:29 am

Better to have it checked out - even benign moles etc are easier to deal with when they're small and easier to remove if need be.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2017, 1:59 pm

envirozentinel wrote:
Better to have it checked out - even benign moles etc are easier to deal with when they're small and easier to remove if need be.

Yup, even over the past week, it's been changing a lot. I walked in and saw my primary care doctor and they've referred me to a dermatologist.

The whole bottom half has returned to normal skin, and there's a strong green color developing in it:

If you notice, it has that gross, looks like a tiny spider crawling on my skin appearance. I've seen a lot of pictures of melanomas that look like that. It's still small, so it doesn't meet the D for diameter criteria, but it still meets the A for asymmetry, the B for border, the C for color, and last but certainly not least E for evolving criteria.

Now, melanomas aren't said to have a green color; they will usually have blue, but I have not seen blue. Perhaps it's still melanoma but with my kind of skin it will be green instead of blue?

I'll ask the dermatologist when I see them.

slave
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2018, 3:41 pm

beneficii wrote:
envirozentinel wrote:

Yup, even over the past week, it's been changing a lot. I walked in and saw my primary care doctor and they've referred me to a dermatologist.

The whole bottom half has returned to normal skin, and there's a strong green color developing in it:

If you notice, it has that gross, looks like a tiny spider crawling on my skin appearance. I've seen a lot of pictures of melanomas that look like that. It's still small, so it doesn't meet the D for diameter criteria, but it still meets the A for asymmetry, the B for border, the C for color, and last but certainly not least E for evolving criteria.

Now, melanomas aren't said to have a green color; they will usually have blue, but I have not seen blue. Perhaps it's still melanoma but with my kind of skin it will be green instead of blue?

I'll ask the dermatologist when I see them.

@beneficii

You left the site?!?!
:( :( :( :( :(

Pls give us an update about your health.