Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

OpalWP
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Jun 2017, 4:11 am

How? How? How? How do people do it? How do people be genuinely happy?

If you're out there, please come find me.

Last edited by envirozentinel on 27 Jun 2017, 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.: makes the meaning clearer

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

27 Jun 2017, 7:52 am

There are various fail-safe ways to espouse happiness. One great way is to be helpful to others - for example to help a charity out. If you don't like people very much it can be one which helps animals or nature in some way.

Another way is to allow your talents to bloom and be as creative as you can without worrying about what others may think of it.

I do know quite a number of folk who seem truly happy with what they're doing. It can be difficult when we see the chaotic state of the world and realize there's not much we as an individual can do about it but we can all play a role in making the world a happier place.

Anne Frank once said that whoever is happy will make others happy too. Happiness starts when we can overcome painful issues of the past and help others who have gone through similar trials.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2017, 5:28 pm

I find cat videos or reading stories about people who inspire me very uplifting.

OpalWP
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Jun 2017, 6:42 pm

Answering my own question here, but I think if you aren't at peace within yourself eg if you have guilt, then you aren't going to be happy. Another thing, if you don't have unconditional self acceptance.

Ashariel
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2017, 8:23 pm

My own definition of happiness is contentment. Being happy with what I've got, seeing the glass as 100% full (even if it's full of weird stuff that's different from what's in other people's glasses) - and not worrying about what I don't have, and can't have. Focusing on the good things - on what I do have, and what I can do, and accepting that no one can have it all, and it's okay that I don't have what other people around me seem to have.

I have my own treasures, in an invisible sort of way, and I'm grateful for the perspective and wisdom I've gained in this lifetime. (Not saying I'm 'wise', just that I've gained wisdom, and am less 'lost' than I used to be!)

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2017, 9:10 pm

I wouldn't know since, according to one other person on WP at least, I haven't exactly "found the secret sauce for happiness". Now I feel less happy then ever, even when I try do the things that usually make me happy, which now mostly make me feel weird and guilty.

OpalWP
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Jun 2017, 1:09 am

Ashariel wrote:
My own definition of happiness is contentment. Being happy with what I've got, seeing the glass as 100% full (even if it's full of weird stuff that's different from what's in other people's glasses) - and not worrying about what I don't have, and can't have. Focusing on the good things - on what I do have, and what I can do, and accepting that no one can have it all, and it's okay that I don't have what other people around me seem to have.

Yes that's true - contentment.
Could that line of thinking you have shared be extended to who we are? Focusing on the good things rather than on the many ways in which we may be bad and not a nice person.

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2017, 12:26 pm

By doing the things you love. Spending time with the people you care about. Constantly aiming for new goals and not stopping before you reach them.

OpalWP
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Jun 2017, 3:03 pm

Maybe I just need to get going and forget about the decision that I can't make, forget about how I feel, and try and live life more like how it was before.

awkward facepalm
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2017, 11:29 pm

ultimate happiness is feeling/being loved by someone you loved. perhaps holding hands and kissing her on the lips.

i have never done that, but its easy to tell at least by instinct.

only a girl can change my bum life.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2017, 11:45 pm

I make myself happy every day. I work on my hobbies. I wear the things that I want to wear unless I'm going into work. I have a job and that makes me happy. I watch People of Walmart videos on Youtube. I watch my back to back episodes of Hogan's Heroes for an hour before bed on weeknights. I turn on my mini LED candle lights and let them sparkle for 2 hours. I work in my sketchbook as well. I also enjoy painting as well.

captainharlock
Butterfly
Butterfly

30 Jun 2017, 12:05 am

My old therapist asked me 'What do you define as happiness' and I think what I'm looking for is not happiness, but comfort . Comfort and the ability to withstand hardship without feeling like the world is ending? I dunno, all I think about is my boyfriend. I'm too alexithymic to really get 'happiness' but I feel motivated for his sake

AngryAngryAngry
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Jun 2017, 12:12 am

YOU decide to be happy.
It's up to you.
Ignore everyone else and be happy.
Find out what makes you happy and pursue it, with a vegeance.

If someone is making you unhappy - get away from them.