Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

jacobcoco
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

27 Jun 2017, 2:44 pm

Hi, my name is Jacob, I'm 21 and from Denmark, and I have asperger. Lately I've been feeling depressed and lonely. I only have a handful of friends and only one I consider to be truly close with. I truly feel like an alien right now, like I'm different from everybody else and nobody gets my problem, so I'm hoping I can get some likeminded friends in here to talk about it with. :D

DrLoco
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

27 Jun 2017, 9:40 pm

If it makes you feel a bit better, I've got no one to talk to as a friend.

Welcome, I suppose. We're both new here, so welcome, me, too! XD

TehDoomzDay
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Jun 2017, 1:26 pm

Hey :)! I still consider myself relatively new but that's probably because I am not very active on here when my mind feels blank. You are from Denmark? I'm sorta learning Danish at the moment (considering I'll be in Scandinavia soon) :P but I am currently learning Swedish so that gets in the way haha.
Welcome to the Wrong Planet.

AKfortyseven
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 Jun 2017, 10:30 am

Hiya, just wanted to reach out and say I'm a newbie too, have been benefiting from the information on this site for a while now and finally decided to 'join', so hi everyone...

Muziek
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Jun 2017, 5:21 am

jacobcoco wrote:
Hi, my name is Jacob, I'm 21 and from Denmark, and I have asperger. Lately I've been feeling depressed and lonely. I only have a handful of friends and only one I consider to be truly close with. I truly feel like an alien right now, like I'm different from everybody else and nobody gets my problem, so I'm hoping I can get some likeminded friends in here to talk about it with. :D

Welcome to the forums, Jacob. All I can say is cherish the friends you have now. It is of course alright to seek other friends or aquintances as well, but value what you already have.

Regards,
Muziek

As a musical term for sure, "the '80s" imply the late '70s and early '90s. You can think of them as tapers of this golden decade.

Higurashi
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Jun 2017, 3:01 pm

Welcome to this forum!

I too am in my 20s and diagnosed with Asperger's. I can totally relate to you. For the past 17 years I have been constantly shunned and ostracized by other people. This has caused me to be depressed, lonely, and at times even suicidal. I don't have many friends either. Only a few and perhaps just 2 who I consider 'close friends'.

Things haven't been rough for me in the last year or 2 thankfully. I discovered a Ted Talk which described what Asperger's is. I showed it to my professors and classmates via email. The majority stopped mistreating me. It felt pretty good.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2017, 6:38 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :)