Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

ltcvnzl
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2017, 5:43 pm

I took a taxi today because my leg is still hurting (I had fell, I spent some days with cast and got it removed last Thursday) and I'm still using crutches, and I was carrying more stuff because I was at university... the taxi driver didn't offered to help me and also complaint that I was slow to get out, I dropped my crutch over my injured feet and it was so painful, I'm so sad that he wasn't nice because I got used on all strangers being polite with me. Today a guy even helped me crossing the street (and it wasn't even his way).

alex
Developer
Developer

27 Jun 2017, 5:47 pm

I've had bad luck with taxi drivers. I've switched to Lyft & Uber. It's been a very long time since I've taken a taxi.

ltcvnzl
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2017, 5:55 pm

There is no uber in my city :/

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2017, 9:27 pm

Sometime this past winter I had to be with at least one cab driver who made me feel uneasy to be in the car with him. He kept cursing at the other drivers and about everything else, and told me he liked to blow his horn at them just for the laughs. I'm really glad it was a short ride. Is it wrong to say I hope he got fired?

Still better than taking the bus, anyway. I'll be lucky if in a year or two I can still get in anything that moves without having an anxiety attack or a meltdown. :(

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2017, 9:32 pm

Some people drive taxis because they can't get a better job, not because they enjoy interacting with people and driving.

seaweed
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2017, 8:59 am

still seems like an unnecessary evil to complain of a person on crutches getting out of the taxi too slowly.

itcvnzl,i think it would be best to try not to linger on the driver's attitude. people with such outward negativity aren't worth it.