Once more being told to not think about the girlfriend issue

Page 5 of 5 [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2017, 2:39 am

Marknis wrote:
Is it bad that I am almost 29 and I still don't know how to play the dating game? Even if I missed out on the psychosocial moratorium, can I still catch up?

I've got a few of Eleanor Roosevelt quotes for you.

Quote:
No one can make you feel inferior without your consent

Quote:
Friendship with oneself is all important, because without it one cannot be friends with anyone else in the world.

Quote:
Beautiful young people are accidents of nature, but beautiful old people are works of art

Quote:
wouldn't worry so much about what others think of you if you realized how seldom they do.'

Honestly it used to bother me that people would think I was weird because of My lack of relationships, but I strangely don't care what they think anymore because they don't think about it. No one cares.

I need to just make the best of my life on my own. I don't think the little emptiness or sadness will die, I don't think I'll Sri wondering why I'm not deemed too enough by any man, but I can't let that consume me. I've got other things in life to be getting on with.

CharityGoodyGrace
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2017, 7:50 am

I'm 29 and also don't know how to play the dating game really... or maybe I do, I don't know. I've realized a lot of s**t about "the game" since even last year, including that you must be natural but be tactful.

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2017, 9:40 pm

I missed out on the psychosocial moratorium so I never really got to experiment with different "masks". I feel like because I missed out that I will never learn how to navigate the dating world.

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2017, 10:27 am

hurtloam wrote:
Marknis wrote:
Is it bad that I am almost 29 and I still don't know how to play the dating game? Even if I missed out on the psychosocial moratorium, can I still catch up?

I've got a few of Eleanor Roosevelt quotes for you.

Quote:
No one can make you feel inferior without your consent

Quote:
Friendship with oneself is all important, because without it one cannot be friends with anyone else in the world.

Quote:
Beautiful young people are accidents of nature, but beautiful old people are works of art

Quote:
wouldn't worry so much about what others think of you if you realized how seldom they do.'

Honestly it used to bother me that people would think I was weird because of My lack of relationships, but I strangely don't care what they think anymore because they don't think about it. No one cares.

I need to just make the best of my life on my own. I don't think the little emptiness or sadness will die, I don't think I'll Sri wondering why I'm not deemed too enough by any man, but I can't let that consume me. I've got other things in life to be getting on with.

I really envy people who can turn their focus on other things. The way Aspergers affects me is that my mind gets stuck in loops on certain thoughts and refuses to quit.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2017, 10:59 am

Well I can't do it all the time. I do get low points, especially when I'm ill or at weekends if I have nothing planned and I'm alone. It can come crashing down on me and I can feel like there is no escape from the mire.

But I don't feel like people think I'm pathetic anymore. Maybe it's the kind of company I keep now, maybe I'm around more mature people these days.

I've never felt expected to be in a relationship. And that's quite freeing. "Accomplish what you can and set goals for yourself" is how I've been brought up. A relationship is just an added bonus that might happen, but not the focus of life. Although it's something I really want.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2017, 4:47 pm

Me on the other hand I keep getting "ايمتى بدنا نفرح فيك" - a common cliché expression that literally means "When are we gonna celebrate your wedding?".

As if it's something I can make it anytime if I want it - just like that (not true).

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2017, 4:26 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Me on the other hand I keep getting "ايمتى بدنا نفرح فيك" - a common cliché expression that literally means "When are we gonna celebrate your wedding?".

As if it's something I can make it anytime if I want it - just like that (not true).

I feel like that sometimes. It's like society thinks there's a girlfriend store somewhere around.