Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

DrLoco
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 Jun 2017, 2:30 pm

Firstly, back when I was an insecure twinkie, as I was a soft-skinned boy with an eye for artistry in... the arts...? Well, anyway, let's cut to the chase here, and say that I've always adored the types of albums (and artists, consequently) that challenge the very notions, routines and structures of modern musical compositions.

I've been listening to Pink Floyd - "Atom Heart Mother" for a while, and I've grown to consider it as one of my personal favorite albums from the Floyd. It has a folksy atmosphere in its songs, being more inclined to combine symphonic, prog, and experimental rock styles with psychedelic folk and musique concréte sprinkled over the last track, "Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast".

However, my favorite personal album of all time would have to belong specifically to Kanye West's magnifying album, "Yeezus".

Comprised of experimental and punk rock styles eluding to Death Grips and Saul Williams, the album is one of the few mainstream albums to significantly challenge pop muscles itself. It's honestly insane how Def Jam managed to release this at all, considering that the album was originally more mainstream-focused in style, with more synthesizers and melodies sprinkled in.