Hi! I just learned I have ASD. Happy to be here :)

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

tahwwhat
Butterfly
Butterfly

01 Jul 2017, 5:57 am

Hello everyone! I recently discovered that I have Asperger's Syndrome. It's a huge relief to finally have an understandable explanation for the problems that have plagued me for my entire life. I've learned that I often get along well with other people with ASD, so I'm excited to join the community and make some new friends!

I made a video explaining my personal story. If you want to hear about my experiences, look up user "Lezzbro" on youtube. Even before I realized my condition, I learned a great deal on my own, including some useful strategies that I may go over in future videos. My first video is named "My Aspergers Story part 1."

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2017, 5:18 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :D

Glflegolas
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Jul 2017, 5:21 pm

Welcome.

And here's the orginal poster's YouTube channel.

Myers-Briggs personality: The Commander
Asperger's Quiz: 79/111, both neurodiverse and neurotypical traits present. AQ score: 23 Raads-r score: here

tahwwhat
Butterfly
Butterfly

10 Jul 2017, 4:51 am

Thanks for responding to my post! I took down my vids because I got nervous, but now I'm putting them back up. No shame, and people need to know about Aspies so we can become more accepted into society and treated as the valuable, talented human beings we truly are!

alex
Developer
Developer

10 Jul 2017, 4:54 am

Welcome to Wrong Planet. Happy to have you here!

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2017, 5:49 am

tahwwhat wrote:
Thanks for responding to my post! I took down my vids because I got nervous, but now I'm putting them back up. No shame, and people need to know about Aspies so we can become more accepted into society and treated as the valuable, talented human beings we truly are!
Good points your'e making. Which by the way I am curious, what kinds of stuff do you talk about?

tahwwhat
Butterfly
Butterfly

14 Jul 2017, 4:20 am

On my youtube channel, I'm going over stuff I've learned personally about how to deal with aspects of being an aspie. I made two videos about my life story, and then I have a bunch of others giving tips on how to deal with certain social situations, like how to recognize manipulative people, interpreting body language, etc. I really want to share my hard learned knowledge to help other people on the spectrum, and also spread awareness :) In the future, I'm probably going to go over all sorts of stuff well beyond social tips, because I have a ton of ideas. If you decide to watch my channel, I hope it helps, and I'm always open to feedback!

Since I can't post urls yet, just look up the user "Lezzbro" on youtube, and you should be able to find it :) also, someone posted a link higher up in this thread.

AKfortyseven
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 Jul 2017, 9:46 am

Welcome to the clan ;-)
You're a well respected and valued member...

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2017, 9:51 am

tahwwhat wrote:
On my youtube channel, I'm going over stuff I've learned personally about how to deal with aspects of being an aspie. I made two videos about my life story, and then I have a bunch of others giving tips on how to deal with certain social situations, like how to recognize manipulative people, interpreting body language, etc. I really want to share my hard learned knowledge to help other people on the spectrum, and also spread awareness :) In the future, I'm probably going to go over all sorts of stuff well beyond social tips, because I have a ton of ideas. If you decide to watch my channel, I hope it helps, and I'm always open to feedback!

Since I can't post urls yet, just look up the user "Lezzbro" on youtube, and you should be able to find it :) also, someone posted a link higher up in this thread.
I am interested into what some of your ideas are.

Right now I am planning for an autism fundraiser which I am organizing with a few friends at my school. So far I feel I need some ideas to help me along the way.

CharityGoodyGrace
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2017, 12:25 am

But just saying "I have AS" or "so and so has AS" isn't a real explanation... what are your thoughts and feelings behind what you say, think, feel, do and experience? We are Aspies and auties, but we have thoughts and feelings too... just as intensely and complexly as everyone else. I was royally pissed whenever my mom told her friend "She does/says/acts like this because she has Asperger's." Even "she thinks/feels like this because she has Asperger's" is bad, because she left it at that.

DancingCorpse
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2017, 12:30 am

I am glad you found what you had been searching for, it is a tough task accepting and moving onwards armed with such frightful new knowledge about yourself but it gets a little calmer eventually, it is quite exciting and that thunder never quite stops shuddering, you'll always have that realization rumbling on through your bones!