Anyone a fan of old TV sitcoms and game shows?

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

duck12
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Jul 2017, 12:21 pm

Does anyone here enjoy watching old sitcoms and game shows, like Home Improvement, Sanford & Son, Leave It To Beaver, Hazel, Taxi, Press Your Luck, Blockbusters, etc.? I have watched them for years and years, and still watch them whenever I get an opportunity.

300series
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2017, 12:33 am

I really like watching old TV sitcoms & game shows. I used to watch a lot of them back when I was growing up. TV was a lot better back then. I do not watch very much TV any more, but I have a lot of memories of what I used to watch on TV. I do not have very much time to watch TV now that I am older, and I am just not really interested in new TV programming. Sometimes, I will watch You Tube videos of shows I used to watch in the past. I also liked commercials on TV too. When I was a kid, I used to imagine that I would be on a game show when I was older, but it never happened.

Hypercoaster
Raven
Raven

15 Aug 2017, 7:48 pm

I Love Lucy is one of my three main special interests, so that should say something...

Old game shows have been a special interest since childhood. I just discovered a new Dish Network channel called BUZZR last Friday night, and it's all the old game shows that GSN no longer plays! I'm relishing in watching Press Your Luck, which has been my favorite since childhood, every night. They also are showing game shows I've never seen before on this BUZZR channel (like Now You See It, which I really have taken a fancy to), and the whole channel just reminds me of the good ol' days of GSN, back in the late '90s.

Many of my special interests are TV shows. One big one since I was a toddler is Full House. That was one of my very first special interests. I was born in '87, so I was the same age as Michelle, which means that I literally grew up with the Tanner family. Full House encompassed my world from age 18 months to age 3. I so miss TGIF every Friday night. Not just Full House, but the good seasons of Boy Meets World, Step by Step, Family Matters, and Sabrina. I loved season 1 Topanga and Minkus. They were so geeky and Aspie-like, and I really identified with them.

ladyelaine
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2017, 10:38 pm

I love old sitcoms. Some of my favorites are Happy Days, All in the Family, Home Improvement, Mork and Mindy, Fresh Prince of Bel Air, Full House, The Nanny, and Roseanne.

LegoMaster2149
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2017, 2:53 pm

I love old TV shows that my parents grew up with like Cheers and Family Ties. Those were good classics. ;)