John Oliver debunks the myth about vaccination causing autis

Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

karathraceandherspecialdestiny
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2017, 5:30 pm

AspieUtah wrote:
alex wrote:
...But when you're infringing on the rights of others, it's no longer about your own personal rights....

Which "rights of others" am I infringing? My medical, personal and religious exemptions from vaccination are protected by my state (and most other states). Others in my state who disagree with me, and others like me, are able to be vaccinated any time they choose to do so. They are presumably immunized against the kinds of common infectious diseases that exist in my state. If so, what risk do I pose to them? Are vaccinations not "safe and effective" as we have been told repeatedly? Please understand that I amn't making the autism connection in any of my writings except those wherein I explain my understanding of a probable misunderstanding by a relative few parents who see something that isn't what they believe it is.

But, the idea that medical, personal and religious choice ends at the vaccination-clinic door makes our nation, at least, a little bit more totalitarian, doesn't it? Is that fact concerning even among those who oppose vaccination-exemption laws? It should be, or the next sacred cow to fall might their own.

What about the people who would choose to get vaccinated if they could, but can't due to their immune system being already compromised? When you choose not to get vaccinated, you increase your chances of catching a preventable disease and passing it to them, potentially ending their lives. Doing your part to ensure herd immunity by getting vaccinated if you can is your moral obligation as a human being living amongst other human beings.

Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2017, 5:33 pm

To reiterate: no one has a right to be a disease carrier. The idea is ludicrous, and I am amazed anyone would argue that here. The scientific and medical literacy of this community seems pretty high, you can't expect your argument to be popular amongst such a crowd. Add in all the anti-autism cultural baggage of the anti-vaccination argument and I am really surprised to find this perspective being pushed by someone in this community.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2017, 5:50 pm

karathraceandherspecialdestiny wrote:
...no one has a right to be a disease carrier. The idea is ludicrous, and I am amazed anyone would argue that here....

I am arguing for medical, personal and religious choice; something that isn't too dissimilar from abortion choice.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2017, 5:55 pm

AspieUtah wrote:
...no one has a right to be a disease carrier. The idea is ludicrous, and I am amazed anyone would argue that here....

I am arguing for medical, personal and religious choice; something that isn't too dissimilar from abortion choice.

You are arguing for the right to be a disease carrier and calling it "personal choice". There are some stupid behaviours that you don't have a right to, and risking being a disease carrier in your community is a right you can't claim in any sane scientifically literate community. I'm not going to touch the abortion comparison because it's too ridiculous to even bother addressing directly.

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2017, 6:13 pm

AspieUtah wrote:

You are arguing for the right to be a disease carrier and calling it "personal choice". There are some stupid behaviours that you don't have a right to, and risking being a disease carrier in your community is a right you can't claim in any sane scientifically literate community. I'm not going to touch the abortion comparison because it's too ridiculous to even bother addressing directly.

That's an opinion I agree with (albeit I would word it differently), that said it's not in stasis with the argument that AspieUtah is putting forward: he has a legal right to forego vaccines in his state if he so wishes. I'm not exactly sure where you're from, but here in the states our laws give wide latitude to religious practice, even when it defies common sense, logic, and even evidence. That's the nature of our democracy, it is what it is, and as it stands he's well within his constitutional rights to reject immunization if he wishes. Do I think it's wise decision? No, but that's the thing, it's not my decision or the government's decision, it's his decision by law.

Empathy
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2017, 9:50 pm

AspieUtah wrote:
Pepe wrote:
John Oliver discussing the importance of vaccinations...
He also debunks the myth about vaccination causing autism...
Pauline Hanson, please take note... ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98YYENIHSTU

Alex wrote:
I have a right not to get cancer from your smoke, out in public, at work or in a restaurant. You also have the right to smoke in a private cigar club and have a nice meal with other people who are smoking.

Don't humans have the right to decline being injected with whatever medication(s) they wish to avoid regardless of their reason(s)? Do I care what the comedian intends or who he even is? At what point does my personal choice matter? Please notice that I m not discussing the autism angle to this matter; my argument remains the same regardless of the medication or the reason. Outside North Korea and other totalitarian nations, humans have the right to choose what medications they allow to be injected into themselves. This constitutional fact defines the matter, not a professional fool. I am arguing for medical, personal and religious choice; something that isn't too dissimilar from abortion choice.

And what a comedian he's turning out to be to actively promote a vaccine topic in this way.. by whomever started it. Some humans can't decline a vaccine if they're restrained under the mental health act that they're assigned to, and there are rules about injecting substances illegally, so I don't know what inhaling smoke for instance would have to do with it.
Our current rules system in the U.K, state that people can't smoke in public and thats been ongoing for the last ten or more years because of kids and pets overheating in cars and breathing in the toxic clouds. So whats the difference with intravenous drugs you ask?
Hospitals are obliged to give you drugs if you've signed the consent forms to ward off infection, I mention this away from the auti vaccine as you said that you wouldn't have any drug imposedwithout your prior use of knowledge first. Those totalitaran countries outside of North korea, i.e Russia? with the exception of the illegal use of steroids are probably finding their cigar and opium levels greatly reduced by Swedish boffins, including the Swiss who invented the suicide vaccine, illegal death in other words, not currently allowed in the U.K.

jabub
Butterfly
Butterfly

09 Jul 2017, 12:13 pm

Pepe wrote:

Sorry but no he didnt. Watch the reply from Del Bigtree and youll see all the lies and fake studies the CDC have covered up...as well as a lot more informative truths from actual paperwork.I would also consider its not just the vaccines that are potentially causing Autsim but the ridiculous vaccination schedule the American government like to pump into other peoples children in the name of profit.Big Pharma should be dragged through the courts.

Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2017, 2:25 pm

jabub wrote:
Pepe wrote:

Sorry but no he didnt. Watch the reply from Del Bigtree and youll see all the lies and fake studies the CDC have covered up...as well as a lot more informative truths from actual paperwork.I would also consider its not just the vaccines that are potentially causing Autsim but the ridiculous vaccination schedule the American government like to pump into other peoples children in the name of profit.Big Pharma should be dragged through the courts.

Yay, more conspiracy theories and ignorance. What a persuasive comment! f**k science and research, this person saw a Youtube video that obviously contains more truth than the evil government and medical science will ever share with us rubes. :lol:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2017, 10:06 pm

jabub wrote:
Pepe wrote:

You are new here so you probably don't know that this website overwhelmingly rejects the connection between autism and vaccination...based on scientific/medical/empirical evidence from multiple sources...
I think you will have a tough time convincing most people here... ;)

BTW, I see you are not on the autistic spectrum...
Autism is not the pestilence many would have you believe... ;)

Edit:
BTW, I need to make it clear to everyone that I'm rather non-partisan...
Just because I like the comic "genius" of John Oliver doesn't necessarily mean I agree with his entire political philosophy...

Last edited by Pepe on 09 Jul 2017, 10:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2017, 10:22 pm

Pepe wrote:

Some of us have discussed The Book of the Law. ;)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2017, 10:31 pm

jrjones9933 wrote:
Pepe wrote:

Some of us have discussed The Book of the Law. ;)

I have searched here and Googled elsewhere without understanding the reference...
If this isn't too far off the topic, "please explain", as Pauline Hanson would say... :mrgreen:
Or you could PM me...

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2017, 10:33 pm

It's in The Comment. Don't sweat it, but Liber Al vel Legis doesn't take long to read.

http://lib.oto-usa.org/libri/liber0220.html