Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2017, 1:50 am

In 2016 Donald Trump won West Virginia with 67% of the popular vote. However I think it could go blue in 3 years, here is why.

West Virginia has always been a democratic state on many economic it is just that after 2000 they embraced republicans as they were the more conservative party.

West Virginia has a Democratic governorship and state legislature indicating their openness to Democratic proposals at least not with social issues.

Coal jobs are unlikely to come back under a Trump administration due to the inefficient nature of the industry. This could create a sense of betrayal for many West Virginians turning them away from voting for Trump a second time.

West Virginia is one of the poorest states in the country where many live in poverty around 18%. For a place like West Virginia, a Bernie Sanders type candidate who offers to improve these peoples lives could send a powerful message here and win votes.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2017, 3:18 am

According to BLS, coal jobs have slightly increased under Trump.

Once the price of gas rises again, then coal will come roaring back.

Trump is helping the coal industry.

Sanders wants to hurt the coal industry.

So, I think Trump wins WV in 2020.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2017, 1:20 am

They won't vote Democrat. The Dems might ban incest.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2017, 1:55 am

LoveNotHate wrote:

Alternative energy will create new jobs. That's what conservatives and libertarians don't seem to realize. Someone has to repair those wind turbines. Someone has to clean those solar panels.

Of course, the government should look out for unemployed people anyway.

I hate it when capitalists cry crocodile tears over the fate of the poor oil workers who will be laid off as the fossil fuel industry gets crushed by environmental regulations. You rich snobs have never once cared about poor workers. You just view them as cattle. That's why you have tried to bust unions since the dawn of the industrial capitalist system. That's why you were against child labor laws until recently.

Working class American are starting to see through the matrix that you have created. Your days of tyrannical rule are numbered.

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2017, 2:29 am

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:

Alternative energy will create new jobs. That's what conservatives and libertarians don't seem to realize. Someone has to repair those wind turbines. Someone has to clean those solar panels.

Of course, the government should look out for unemployed people anyway.

I hate it when capitalists cry crocodile tears over the fate of the poor oil workers who will be laid off as the fossil fuel industry gets crushed by environmental regulations. You rich snobs have never once cared about poor workers. You just view them as cattle. That's why you have tried to bust unions since the dawn of the industrial capitalist system. That's why you were against child labor laws until recently.

Working class American are starting to see through the matrix that you have created. Your days of tyrannical rule are numbered.

Trump proposed a 70% cut to the renewable energy office.

"the Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy office would get $160 million in fiscal year 2018, down from the $762 million it got for fiscal 2017 on an annualized basis".
http://thehill.com/policy/energy-enviro ... les-office

That's 600 million dollars less.

That's the problem with renewable energy; it generally only makes sense if it's government subsidized.

EDIT:
The House Bill cuts renewable energy programs "by $986 million compared to fiscal year 2017" http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/house ... le/2627228

the_phoenix
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2017, 7:39 am

LoveNotHate wrote:

Yep.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2017, 7:58 am

Tim_Tex wrote:
They won't vote Democrat. The Dems might ban incest.

I'd think the dem libs would be the most in favor of incest. The next step in conquering sexual taboos.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2017, 8:25 am

That's a bunch of hooey. I doubt it that most "democratic liberals" are into incest.

You're probably kidding LOL

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2017, 4:21 pm

No, I fear West Virginia won't go blue. Not when the crackers there are time after time convinced to put racial identity politics ahead of their economic interests. Why punch up at the guy holding the key to their shackles, when it's so much easier to punch downward at minorities who have it worse than they do?

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2017, 4:38 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
No, I fear West Virginia won't go blue. Not when the crackers there are time after time convinced to put racial identity politics ahead of their economic interests. Why punch up at the guy holding the key to their shackles, when it's so much easier to punch downward at minorities who have it worse than they do?
Most republicans aren't racist that's the thing. Up until the 2000s West Virginia always supported the most progressive candidate e.g. Michael Dukakis and Bill Clinton. If they are the bigots you say they are than this should not have happened.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2017, 4:46 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:

You just hit the nail on the head.

The billionaire lobbyists have used propaganda to make themselves invisible.

The Real Difference Between Fox News and the "Liberal Media"

"Liberal Media": "Our country is in trouble because of racists, sexists, guns, internet trolls and video games ... but billionaires are fine because they give us money. Pay no attention wealthy man behind the curtain!"
Fox News: "Our country is in trouble because of atheists, promiscuity, evolution, peace-nicks, cannabis, gun grabbers, internet trolls and video games. Billionaires are okay because they give us money. Pay no attention wealthy man behind the curtain!"

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2017, 5:04 pm

Shahunshah wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Most republicans aren't racist that's the thing. Up until the 2000s West Virginia always supported the most progressive candidate e.g. Michael Dukakis and Bill Clinton. If they are the bigots you say they are than this should not have happened.

I didn't say most Republicans are racist, but to be sure, most racists are Republicans.

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2017, 5:18 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Shahunshah wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

I didn't say most Republicans are racist, but to be sure, most racists are Republicans.

How prevalent is racism in the Republican Party?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2017, 5:42 pm

Shahunshah wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Shahunshah wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Well, let's see...
First Nixon, then Reagan, appealed to racial prejudice and fear felt by white southerners in order to attract them by droves to the Republican party, which then adopted their racially centered states rights position.
The adoption of voter suppression hidden under the pretext of fighting voter fraud in Republican controlled states.
One pin headed Republican governor went on the air to rant and rave about how outraged she was that voter suppression directed at a predominantly black district was overturned by the courts.
How Trump had courted the white nationalist Alt Right, which has had very little trouble finding a home in the Republican party.
I'm not saying this applies to each and every Republican, but it would certainly help if those good ones would speak up against what they know is wrong, rather than towing the party line.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2017, 5:50 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Shahunshah wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Shahunshah wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Well, let's see...
First Nixon, then Reagan, appealed to racial prejudice and fear felt by white southerners in order to attract them by droves to the Republican party, which then adopted their racially centered states rights position.
The adoption of voter suppression hidden under the pretext of fighting voter fraud in Republican controlled states.
One pin headed Republican governor went on the air to rant and rave about how outraged she was that voter suppression directed at a predominantly black district was overturned by the courts.
How Trump had courted the white nationalist Alt Right, which has had very little trouble finding a home in the Republican party.
I'm not saying this applies to each and every Republican, but it would certainly help if those good ones would speak up against what they know is wrong, rather than towing the party line.

You forgot the War on Drugs.

Part of me is considering joining one of those Antifa groups.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2017, 5:56 pm

The Republicans had to use Trump to court the white nationalists. They were stepping out of line.

White nationalists are right sometimes. For example, Tom Metzger supports environmentalism and opposes capitalism. I still think that Metzger is an awful person, but he sees some problems with the system that actually exist. Same goes for Varg Vikernes.

In other words, the white nationalists were starting to adopt far-left sympathies ... until recently.

Then Trump courted the WNs. Now they have abandoned their far-left sympathies.

The elites are very clever.