NT vlogger, writer & sibling...saying hello!

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

delphirabbit
Butterfly
Butterfly

02 Jul 2017, 6:35 am

Hi all,

I'm an NT writer of SF/F and weird fiction stories and I'm new to this forum.

I've recently started writing a novel about my childhood as the brother to an autistic sister. I'm trying to reflect on how Jenny's autism has influenced my own creativity by bringing together my passion for sci-fi, fantasy and 'the weird' with Jenny's particular view on the world. So far its going quite well, although it might be a long while before it gets published - if, indeed, that ever happens...!

But I'm not here to do 'research' for the book, I've just become increasingly fascinated about the wider world of autism and all its wonderful complexities and wanted to get a little more involved in the autie universe. Hope that's OK! 8)

As you can see from my signature (hopefully), I'm also doing a little video series about the connection between the autistic and the fantastic (as in sci-fi, fantasy, gothic, horror, fairy tale, the weird etc). I'm curious as to why there's not a whole lot of autism in works of fantastical genres, and yet many autistic people are big fans of SF&F.

Anyways. That's me at the moment. Hope you don't mind me being here!

Thanks,
David
(delphirabbit)

Here to be in the wider world of autism. Fascinated in the link between autism and the fantastical genres. Delve in with me on YouTube: The Fantastic Autistic https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKFGHLYnAPrz_XGAodX8vAQ

Let's talk on Twitter: @Fantastic_Aut

Radiance in Dailiness :)

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2017, 11:15 am

On my behalf, welome to WP. :D

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2017, 11:43 am

Welcome aboard! I hope you will find the site worth recommending to your sister.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2017, 5:45 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :)

delphirabbit
Butterfly
Butterfly

03 Jul 2017, 3:49 am

Thanks everyone :D

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

05 Jul 2017, 10:53 am

Very glad to have you here - fantastic. Enjoy our planet. The climate is generally warm and sunny.

I also like sci-fi and fantasy. Fan of LOTR and Star Wars among other stuff. I have a long term project writing a children's sci-fi / fantasy set of books. I also write a regular blog, even if hardly anyone reads it...

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

alex
Developer
Developer

05 Jul 2017, 1:29 pm

Welcome!