Page 2 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2017, 12:10 am

jrjones9933 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
the_phoenix wrote:
Meanwhile, Caesar In the Park that TAX PAYERS pay for has a play about Trump being stabbed to death. Kathy Griffin held up a severed Trump head dripping with blood and that’s also no problem according to some on the Left. Then the GOP is practicing for a softball game as a fund raiser and a Bernie Sanders fan stakes them out and shoots them almost murdering Scalise. But that's okay too? As in, where is the outrage from the Left? Trump sends out a tweet with him wrestling with a LOGO and that Is VIOLENCE? LOL! The Liberals have no boundaries on their hypocrisy and totally jumped the shark.

The very same theater company had done the Julius Caesar play with an Obama look alike years ago, but I hadn't heard a stink about that.

Deport Shakespeare!

Do that, and you'll have Lit students all over the country up in arms! :lol:

the_phoenix
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2017, 11:42 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I'd rather see Trump be Presidential than frolicking on Twitter.

He is being Presidential, only you won't see anything good about him in the fake news media.

kraftiekortie wrote:
I'd rather see a real debate than the President Tweeting about "Fake News" or whatever. I wish he'd stop trying to stifle the free exchange of ideas.

The President debates on his terms ... not yours. And he's not stifling the free exchange of ideas.

kraftiekortie wrote:
I wish the Press would stop being blooming idiots, too.

Remove the word "too" from your sentence and we agree.

kraftiekortie wrote:
I long for the old days when the dialogue was more classy.

Maybe even at the level of the Reagan years.

My bet is, so does Trump.
Yes, the culture as a whole lost a great deal with the passing of Reagan.

kraftiekortie wrote:
Perhaps, then, Trump will "learn at the job," rather than posting paranoiac tweets ...

Seems to me it's the politicians and media types on the Left who are paranoid about what he'll tweet next.

kraftiekortie wrote:
... in the dead of night.

As an artist, astronomer, and life-long night owl,
I love what others call "the dead of night." 8)

the_phoenix
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2017, 11:45 am

Aristophanes wrote:
the_phoenix wrote:
You'd think that people who don't want President Trump's agenda to succeed
would want him to waste time on Twitter.
Unless, his being on Twitter is far more effective than his enemies want.

I prefer he stays on twitter, the more he derails his own agenda with unforced errors and antics the better. NEVER take away his twitter, ever. 6 months in and all he has is his twitter account-- no major legislation passed, a few handfuls of useless executive orders and he's thrown his entire party into disarray. In fact, he should be encouraged to express himself even more on that medium as far as I'm concerned.

While you and I are going to disagree on Donald Trump's presidency,
I like your spirit of fair play.

Yes, let Trump tweet on as he will.
Let the chips fall where they may.

That's good enough for me.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2017, 12:49 pm

I'm into fair play myself. And I like the dead of night.

I'm not biased against or for anybody, really.

Trump might be being attacked on all fronts; it doesn't mean his policies are all correct and right.

I don't believe he's as bad as the "left" says he is. But he's no great man, either. I wish he stuck to corporate deal making.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2017, 1:50 pm

Attacking the press that doesn't agree with you as "fake" is the first step taken by totalitarians.

the_phoenix
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2017, 2:17 pm

Standing up for yourself against a news network that actually is fake is simple justice.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2017, 2:37 pm

the_phoenix wrote:
Standing up for yourself against a news network that actually is fake is simple justice.

Barack Obama had never attacked Fox Noise like that, even though the stories and the charges they ran against him were purely partisan tripe, outside a few rumblings. I know of no American President who had ever had a good relationship with all the press, but none of them, with the exception of John Adams and Woodrow Wilson ever responded with such a petty and vindictive campaign to derail the sacred right of a free press.
The constitution has enshrined a free press, as the founders knew the press was necessary for the survival of a free society. Back in the early days of the Republic, papers critical of George Washington had called him a syphilitic monster. Washington never called them fake news to ruin their credibility.

the_phoenix
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2017, 8:11 pm

I suppose Trump would be more popular if he said he was going to outlaw the liberal media forever and start the bombing in five minutes, like Reagan said about Russia. :)

"My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. We begin bombing in five minutes." ~~ Ronald Reagan

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2017, 12:06 am

the_phoenix wrote:
I suppose Trump would be more popular if he said he was going to outlaw the liberal media forever and start the bombing in five minutes, like Reagan said about Russia. :)

"My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. We begin bombing in five minutes." ~~ Ronald Reagan

That was very irresponsible on Reagan's part, especially concerning the Cold War tensions at the time.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2017, 12:44 am

Big Internet story breaking overnight. The thread above is the background: a couple days ago Trump retweeted a funny gif someone had made of him at a WWF event punching out a guy with a CNN logo pasted over his face. The people laughed; the media was faux-outraged.

A CNN researcher traced the origin of the anonymous funny gif and has extorted an apology from its maker under threat of doxxing and harassment. This is breaking overnight, and the Internet has exploded with condemnation of CNN, with #CNNBlackmail trending as #1 in the US and #2 worldwide. It is now being reported that the maker of the parody gif is in fact a 15-year-old kid. That's right: a billion-dollar media giant is using threats and blackmail against a 15-year-old kid who posted a funny meme online.

Wikileaks -- no friend of Trump -- is issuing a condemnation of CNN:

#CNNBlackmail feed:
https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&ver ... NBlackmail

There Are Four Lights!

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2017, 1:10 am

Darmok wrote:
Big Internet story breaking overnight. The thread above is the background: a couple days ago Trump retweeted a funny gif someone had made of him at a WWF event punching out a guy with a CNN logo pasted over his face. The people laughed; the media was faux-outraged.

A CNN researcher traced the origin of the anonymous funny gif and has extorted an apology from its maker under threat of doxxing and harassment. This is breaking overnight, and the Internet has exploded with condemnation of CNN, with #CNNBlackmail trending as #1 in the US and #2 worldwide. It is now being reported that the maker of the parody gif is in fact a 15-year-old kid. That's right: a billion-dollar media giant is using threats and blackmail against a 15-year-old kid who posted a funny meme online.

Wikileaks -- no friend of Trump -- is issuing a condemnation of CNN:

#CNNBlackmail feed:
https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&ver ... NBlackmail

What are you talking about? Wikileaks helped Trump into the White House! Of course they're going to help him - - even if their story doesn't agree with the facts.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2017, 1:57 am

This is what fascism looks like:

There Are Four Lights!

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2017, 2:09 am

Darmok wrote:
This is what fascism looks like:

What is the source?

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2017, 12:14 am

4CHAN DECLARES FULL SCALE ‘ WAR’ AGAINST CNN – OPERATION: AUTISM STORM BEGINS

If CNN thought they were having problems before with the lies, the retractions, the forced resignations and the undercover videos from Project Veritas (another one of those is due out later), this latest decision to “track down” an Internet user for no other reason than they created an Internet GIF meme that CNN did not like, has not only brought about massive and instant backlash against the news outlet, but users of 4chan, have now declared war against CNN.

4chan is has been dubbed “weaponized autism” users, an expression referring to the impressive capabilities of socially awkward, tech-savvy internet users, typically associated with those who frequent imageboards like 4chan and 8chan, and some of their recent antics included the unmasking of the Antifa professor that assaulted Trump supporters with a U-lock bike lock, leading to the arrest of California professor Eric Clanton, and the hunt for the Shia Labeouf flag, where using stars, sounds, map locations, they trolled him across the world in order to disrupt his planned 4-year Trump protest, resulting in the end of the protest.[/quote]

I do not know why we have to be brought into this. I can't think of any good for us coming out of this.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2017, 12:23 am

So 4-chan, which regularly attacks us is now using us as a threat. That's the kind of consistency I would expect from them.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2017, 12:49 am

Aristophanes wrote:
So 4-chan, which regularly attacks us is now using us as a threat. That's the kind of consistency I would expect from them.

Admittedly, I didn't know 4-Chan had attacked us. Please, fill me in.