When is the last time a game made you cry?

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

EC0508
Butterfly
Butterfly

02 Jul 2017, 6:51 pm

Alright let's be honest here ... whether it was something you saw at E3 2017, or when you played something that truly moved you? When is the last time you cried during a game? And ... go!

I'd say for me, most recently, it was during a couple of moments during Breath of the Wild -- I think, when I got the camera upgrade that made me feel like a wildlife photographer (that was my dream job!). But I also almost cried out of pure terror when I started playing Resident Evil 7... 8O

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2017, 7:46 am

I came pretty close to crying during Mother 3, but otherwise I can't think of anything.

Maybe when I was really small and had the Atari/NES taken away as punishment, but I don't think that counts =)

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2017, 10:43 am

Ori and the Blind Forest. Twice.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2017, 5:32 pm

Oh my gosh, I can't believe Breath of the Wild slipped my mind >_< I guess I was trying to suppress that memory =)

Again, came really really close during the Vah Ruta quest, I was pretty broken up, just devastated for at least a couple of days :cry:

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2017, 5:40 pm

Super Mario World. I can't believe they not only had me kill Bowser, but they had me eliminate all like seven or eight of his children. Kidnapping a princess is one thing, wiping out an entire family in retaliation is another...let's face it Mario is nothing more than a mafia hitman with no conscience.

KagamineLen
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2017, 1:48 am

The ending of Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2017, 5:37 pm

There's so many to count!

The pre-game ending to Pokemon Explorers of Sky, or anytime 'I Don't Want To say Goodbye' starts playing, to be honest.
Aeris' Death in Final Fantasy VII, as well as Zack's Death at the end of Crisis Core [at least when I watch the Japanese version]
The 'You're Not Alone' scene in Final Fantasy IX
The 'Suteki Da Ne' scene and the ending to Final Fantasy X
Ion's Death in Tales of the Abyss
Oddly, only the Clannad anime made me cry, not the visual novel

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

guitarman2010
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2017, 5:32 pm

When I was a little kid and couldn't beat a level lol

Floratro
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

16 Jul 2017, 6:18 am

I think the last time must've been when I played OPUS: The Day We Found Earth.
Perhaps this doesn't really count, but I recently watched a Let's Play of A Normal Lost Phone which is a really touching game.

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2017, 4:57 pm

I teared up twice during Ori and the Blind Forest. And during the ending of Final Fantasy X. And at the end of Season 1 of The Walking Dead. And in the beginning of The Last of Us. And at the end of Metal Gear Solid 3.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2017, 5:47 pm

I haven't played this game, but I saw the trailer back when it came out, and it sounds like it would be difficult to make it through with dry eyes: That Dragon Cancer

Victor1985
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

19 Jul 2017, 12:34 pm

Never cried in a game, but I had emotional responses to Earthbound and BioShock.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2017, 3:13 pm

The Last Guardian

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine