Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2017, 12:05 pm

I think I'm in the midst of a slow motion meltdown. Slow motion because the meds I take are making it less intense, but I feel awful.
Last Thursday I finished this really hard part of this course that I am trying to finish. I became a bit manic and then collapsed and slept until yesterday. And then I started crying, which lasted for a few hours. This morning the same thing. I am feeling better now, but still really weird.
I don't know what the hell is going on with me. I only have the last bit of this course to finish and then I can apply for a job. I want to move forward with this, but my mind just won't kick into gear.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2017, 1:14 pm

Im sorry you're going through this.

This seems like anxiety because it was a difficult part of the course, causing meltdown symptoms.

Or maybe a reaction to the medication?

I hope you are able to complete the course, despite what you're going through.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2017, 1:33 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Im sorry you're going through this.

Thanks. :D

Quote:
This seems like anxiety because it was a difficult part of the course, causing meltdown symptoms.

I think so. It was the practicum. I typed 924 reports of increasing difficulty. The last 100 or so were brutal.

Quote:
Or maybe a reaction to the medication?

That too, I think. Also I think I have a lot to process. Memories and such. I am in a relatively safe environment, at my Mom's, so I am letting down my guard a bit.

Quote:
I hope you are able to complete the course, despite what you're going through.

I will complete this course if I am typing with "my cold dead hands." Lol

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2017, 1:44 pm

I honestly feel that your determination will get you through this.

When is your final exam?

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2017, 1:57 pm

As soon as I finish this last unit. Editing. According to posters on the school forum, it is easy compared with the previous material. My goal is to finish by the end of the summer, which I think is achievable.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2017, 2:02 pm

I really hope the school is diligent when it comes to assisting you in getting a job in the field.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2017, 2:07 pm

They do have postgraduate support; I have already got an employer in mind, though - a work-from-home transcription company.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2017, 5:58 pm

Sounds like you have been pushing yourself really hard.It could be stress.Maybe take a break for a day and do something you enjoy.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2017, 3:50 pm

Misslizard wrote:
Sounds like you have been pushing yourself really hard.It could be stress.Maybe take a break for a day and do something you enjoy.

I kinda had to. I have moved on to the final module, Editing, but often I find myself just staring at the screen.

I have stopped crying in the mornings, so that's good.

I have to keep pushing through this course though. I am still staying with my Mom and I have to start bringing money in. I have disability support, but it is not a lot.

I turn 47 years old this month and I am taking a course while staying with my Mom rent free. Urggg. I have worked before, but I always succumb to the social strains. I hope that doesn't happen this time.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2017, 8:27 am

androbot01 wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

I kinda had to. I have moved on to the final module, Editing, but often I find myself just staring at the screen.

I have stopped crying in the mornings, so that's good.

I have to keep pushing through this course though. I am still staying with my Mom and I have to start bringing money in. I have disability support, but it is not a lot.

I turn 47 years old this month and I am taking a course while staying with my Mom rent free. Urggg. I have worked before, but I always succumb to the social strains. I hope that doesn't happen this time.

Congrats on all the work you have accomplished ,you certainly deserve to treat yourself when you finish.
The social strain was what messed me up when I worked,not doing the work,but all the socializing.Hopefully you can find a position that doesn't include much social interaction.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2017, 1:42 pm

Misslizard wrote:
Congrats on all the work you have accomplished ,you certainly deserve to treat yourself when you finish.

Thank you. The course has been much harder than I expected.
Misslizard wrote:
The social strain was what messed me up when I worked,not doing the work,but all the socializing.Hopefully you can find a position that doesn't include much social interaction.

That's my plan. Medical Editing can be done at home. There is no way I can successfully interact with others in a work environment, even medicated.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2017, 1:50 pm

I had a part-time job similar to your field a while ago. It involved editing nursing reports.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2017, 2:07 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I had a part-time job similar to your field a while ago. It involved editing nursing reports.

Cool. I'm training to edit doctors' records of appointments and procedures.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2017, 2:13 pm

I would say, within a week or two, that it will seem "old hat" to you.

Many things are standardized. Most of the time, people are diagnosed with things like COPD, Type II Diabetes, Congestive Heart Failure (CHF), and High Blood Pressure (usually abbreviated HTN).

The medications are pretty standardized, too.