Friend moving on with his life and dating

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2017, 1:08 pm

Hi:
I have a friend who also has Asperger's and he had moved to a different part of the city last year which is an hour away from my life on the outskirts of the city due to starting a new job and career. Since then, he has been meeting lots of new people at his church where he currently attends. He has even had better luck dating women and the last six months, he's been too busy because the last times that we have invited him to things, he's either
1. Had a date
2. Has something going on with his family

I texted him last week and we he talked about having everyone over for the 4th of July.
1. Go swimming
2. Have a cook out
3. See fireworks

Because he lives in an area that's not very transportation accessible, I suggested that another friend and I sleep over the night before and again he said: "I have a date Monday Night."

Though he said in a text yesterday that we could meet him at 2:00 PM, he had made other plans to go on a date but didn't say anything until no one could drive up there. I only found out after I had to bail after learning that there was no transportation. He goes, "I have a date for the 4th anway."

Has anyone else experienced this?