Spiderman's increasingly young Aunt May.

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

ehymw
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2017, 7:14 pm

We've now had three Spiderman's on the big screen and every time his aunt gets younger.

In the most recent one they've even decided to have her be sexy.

Am I the only one who finds this creepy???

In the comics I grew up on she was always portrayed as a senior citizen and rather than pick say Melissa McBride and having her play older they picked Marisa Tomei and are having her play younger.

What are they going to do in the next spiderman movie?

Have the Olson twins play the part?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2017, 1:36 am

I see they've turned Aunt May from an old crone into a hottie.
In all honesty, it's odd that Uncle Ben and Aunt May would look to be the age of Peter's grandparents, when they would have been the same age as his parents.

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2017, 4:48 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
In all honesty, it's odd that Uncle Ben and Aunt May would look to be the age of Peter's grandparents, when they would have been the same age as his parents.

Exactly. This does make more sense.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2017, 10:57 am

KyleTheGhost wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Exactly. This does make more sense.

Also, in the comics, Dr. Octopus had tried romancing Aunt May - meaning, while she was robbing the cradle, he was robbing the nursing home. :eew:

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2017, 2:20 pm

...Kraich, in the newspaper comic strip version of Spidey I've written of, the Mole Man had a romance with Aunt May! (who is still depicted traditionally there, furthermore) It broke up, but they're still friends, he was sincere, as IIRC Doc Ock was not - and the current storyline's a sequel to that! MM's human name is given in it, too. The strip can be found though the various approaches to Hearst's Comics Kingdom Web site.
OP, you're not following Marvel stylebook/copyright practice by leaving the hyphen out of " Spider-Man "! :wink: 8O

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

ehymw
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2017, 3:23 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
I see they've turned Aunt May from an old crone into a hottie.

I had always guessed that She and Ben were much older than Peter's parents and had spent to much time in the sun.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2017, 4:27 pm

ASS-P wrote:
...Kraich, in the newspaper comic strip version of Spidey I've written of, the Mole Man had a romance with Aunt May! (who is still depicted traditionally there, furthermore) It broke up, but they're still friends, he was sincere, as IIRC Doc Ock was not - and the current storyline's a sequel to that! MM's human name is given in it, too. The strip can be found though the various approaches to Hearst's Comics Kingdom Web site.
OP, you're not following Marvel stylebook/copyright practice by leaving the hyphen out of " Spider-Man "! :wink: 8O

Hm, that's interesting. The Mole Man always seemed like a much sweeter person than Otto Octavius (AKA, Dr. Octopus).

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2017, 4:59 pm

...As of to-day, Kraitch, an apparently no longer humanity-hating MM has proposed to Aunt May - and she's accepted the proposal ! NOW can I get you to read it???????? That KFS-centered site has a couple months up of the strip, free - You can join & pay & go further back, I suppose.

aichgauer"]

ASS-P wrote:

Hm, that's interesting. The Mole Man always seemed like a much sweeter person than Otto Octavius (AKA, Dr. Octopus).[/quote]

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2017, 5:33 pm

...There has recently been a " Spider-Man Comics Digest " published (or similar title), a pulp-papered digest like the ones Archie publishes...which is in fact published BY Archie Comics, it's credited as an Archie publication, I guess Marvel must have farmed it out to Archie, presumably it might be sold at newsstand outlets (meaning non-comics shop ones) as the Archie Digests are, but I bought mine at a DM comics shop.
It reprints a bunch of vintage stories! :) Kraich? :wink:

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2017, 5:58 pm

ASS-P wrote:
...There has recently been a " Spider-Man Comics Digest " published (or similar title), a pulp-papered digest like the ones Archie publishes...which is in fact published BY Archie Comics, it's credited as an Archie publication, I guess Marvel must have farmed it out to Archie, presumably it might be sold at newsstand outlets (meaning non-comics shop ones) as the Archie Digests are, but I bought mine at a DM comics shop.

You know better than I do. :lol:

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2017, 5:31 pm

...So you haven't heard of it, never mind have it?
It reprints the last Stan'n'Steve story, four?? consecutive mid-70s Wein?/Andru & Espisito stories - art looks REALLY GOOD on these ones - and six?? different Adventures stories, dating from three two-issue sequences of different Adventures series all from this century?? (You know what " Adventures " titles are, yes? :? ) Lotsa readin', fa shizzy 8) .

quote="Kraichgauer"]

ASS-P wrote:

You know better than I do. :lol:[/quote]