Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Triple_V
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

05 Jul 2017, 10:28 am

Hey everyone am 33, was diagnosed wen 14, hope ok to post here but am struggling hav been for many years on/off some days r good others are the worst. Not to sound too depressing but anxiety is at all time high. Mainly wen i wanna talk but cant get words out nd having no friends isolates me as i look like everyone else so hard for people too know i am an Aspie :( i just dont know wat too do as hate feeling like this as wana b like everyone else in the world

ZachGoodwin
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2017, 6:07 pm

Body language is used to give direction and visual imagery; It's not a second language. Look up how to communicate to deaf people to have a clearer idea on body language. Tonality is affected by how anxious or excited you are. As an autistic, I suggest trying to be straight-forward for better tonality and body language, and that's because autism makes you an honest communicator.

Last edited by ZachGoodwin on 05 Jul 2017, 8:16 pm, edited 6 times in total.

boofle
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Jul 2017, 7:53 pm

are there any social groups you can join in your area? either for the stuff you like to do, or support type stuff for people on the spectrum?
would be a good way to engage with people and perhaps make some friends? if nothing else it would give you the chance to get out of your head for a bit?

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2017, 8:53 pm

go to counseling

get diagnosed with depression and anxiety

get meds

support group

deep breathing