Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

drwho222
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2017, 5:09 pm

I've heard of a proposed symbol for Aspies: the infinity symbol rendered in rainbow colors. I like the idea, but I don't think most folks will get it. More than likely the rainbow colors will be seen as a gay rights symbol. That's the reason I wouldn't put one as say a magnet on my truck. At least not without some kind of qualifier, like something saying "Aspie Pride" and perhaps not even then. To many just don't know what an "Aspie" is and would likely still see it as a gay rights thing.

LegoMaster2149
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2017, 3:24 pm

drwho222 wrote:
I've heard of a proposed symbol for Aspies: the infinity symbol rendered in rainbow colors. I like the idea, but I don't think most folks will get it. More than likely the rainbow colors will be seen as a gay rights symbol. That's the reason I wouldn't put one as say a magnet on my truck. At least not without some kind of qualifier, like something saying "Aspie Pride" and perhaps not even then. To many just don't know what an "Aspie" is and would likely still see it as a gay rights thing.

Wow, I never thought about it like that! :)

-LegoMaster2149 (Written on September 15, 2017)

drwho222
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2017, 3:37 pm

LegoMaster2149 wrote:
drwho222 wrote:

I have nothing against GLBT people AT ALL BTW, but I myself am not GLBT. That's the reason I wouldn't display the infinity rendered in rainbow colors.

LegoMaster2149
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2017, 10:50 am

drwho222 wrote:
LegoMaster2149 wrote:
drwho222 wrote:

I have nothing against GLBT people AT ALL BTW, but I myself am not GLBT. That's the reason I wouldn't display the infinity rendered in rainbow colors.

I am not against LGBT people either. ;)

vickygleitz
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2017, 11:07 pm

Capital A with a rainbow infinity symbol replacing the line that goes across it. That's what I do.

drwho222
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2017, 11:29 am

vickygleitz wrote:
Capital A with a rainbow infinity symbol replacing the line that goes across it. That's what I do.

People still wouldn't get it. Most would still see it as a gay rights thing. Others might see it as an Atheist symbol.

Chichikov
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2017, 11:42 am

Why do "we" need a symbol at all? Much the same way I don't want to walk around with "symbols" proudly telling everyone my flaws because I simply want to be seen as a human being, the vast majority of gay people don't walk around adorned in rainbows because they also just want to be seen primarily as a human being.

drwho222
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2017, 11:52 am

Chichikov wrote:
Why do "we" need a symbol at all? As far as I can see the only people who want symbols are extremist types who love being offended and want to shove their agenda down your throat. I suppose if you're genuinely proud of something it's not the end of the world to have a symbol, but is anyone really proud to have a mental disorder? Much the same way I don't want to walk around with "symbols" proudly telling everyone my flaws because I simply want to be seen as a human being, the vast majority of gay people don't walk around adorned in rainbows because they also just want to be seen primarily as a human being.

To show others we exist, and we are not ashamed of what we are.

I strongly suspect you to be a NT troll btw. Why not scope out some site like AS partners?

Chichikov
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2017, 11:56 am

drwho222 wrote:

And you need a symbol to show people you're not ashamed? Why don't you just be...not ashamed?

drwho222 wrote:
I strongly suspect you to be a NT troll btw.

A troll calling other people trolls....how original :roll:

drwho222
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2017, 12:01 pm

Chichikov wrote:
drwho222 wrote:

And you need a symbol to show people you're not ashamed? Why don't you just be...not ashamed?

drwho222 wrote:

Lintar
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2017, 11:36 pm

drwho222 wrote:
Chichikov wrote:
drwho222 wrote:

drwho222 wrote:

You are clearly a racist and delusional too. Native white Christians LOL.

Come on people, behave. I have to say that I agree with Chichikov on this: we don't need a symbol to inform others that we are in their midst. As far as I can see it would just create trouble, because to all the intolerant bullies out there it would just mark us as a target, like a yellow Star of David.

drwho222
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2017, 4:17 pm

Lintar wrote:
drwho222 wrote:
Chichikov wrote:
drwho222 wrote:

Come on people, behave. I have to say that I agree with Chichikov on this: we don't need a symbol to inform others that we are in their midst. As far as I can see it would just create trouble, because to all the intolerant bullies out there it would just mark us as a target, like a yellow Star of David.

It should be ILLEGAL to even BE a racist. It poisons society and should carry civil and legal punishments of its own.

snollygoster
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Sep 2017, 8:13 pm

The rainbow represents a spectrum. It represents how even if we share a diagnosis we are all different. I think it looks pretty. :flower:
Also, there are alot of us who are LGBT+ and autistic. I myself identify as bisexual, so if someone takes it to mean gay pride that applies to me too! :tongue: