Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2017, 7:05 pm

Well first off I have started wearing dish gloves to do dishes at work, I kept getting little cuts on my fingers from some of the stainless steel dishes with sharp edges and such which hurt like hell if you spray something off with salt, or something spicy in it and it gets in the cuts. So there is that.

Then today I was in the dish area and one of the front of house people was back there trying to get something and knocked a large plastic container off a high shelf which hit me right in the lower back and hip area like right above where my butt starts(lol not very good at anatomy) on my left side. Nothing visible yet but it still hurts so I suspect by morning I'll have quite a bruise there. It did hurt a bunch but I sort of played it down because the person who knocked it over felt so bad about it.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

09 Jul 2017, 3:28 am

My 1st job was a dishwasher & I did that for 10 months. I should of worn gloves but I never did cuz I hate wearing them. Nothing ever fell on me but I had my share of injuries. I hope your OK & your job is safer from here on.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2017, 12:13 pm

nick007 wrote:
My 1st job was a dishwasher & I did that for 10 months. I should of worn gloves but I never did cuz I hate wearing them. Nothing ever fell on me but I had my share of injuries. I hope your OK & your job is safer from here on.

Well I have already gone through two pairs of gloves, they keep getting holes in them...maybe I need to find some industrial grade ones lol.

Also as for that large container I put that on a low shelf and some smaller containers that actually fit up there in its place. So it should be safer now.