Avoiding going to places because of photos

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

ltcvnzl
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2017, 7:13 pm

I hate when people take photo of me because I hate to see how fat I am. This weekend the people from a class I'm taking are making a party, I was happy to go because they are really nice to me but now someone asked about who are going to photograph the party and I'm afraid of going because of it :/

ZachGoodwin
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2017, 8:20 pm

Your friends want you to have fun. You don't need to think deep down about your looks. Some people are worried about their looks to get into parties, and you are invited to go to one. If you get a picture taken of you, so what? Don't use that picture as a nasty reminder, but use the picture as a great reminder of how great your friends were for taking you to an event. You have your feet and your cell phone too. You can leave at anytime you want to. No need to worry. I hope you have fun at the party.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2017, 9:52 pm

yeah i avoid looking in mirrors.

tell them you do not wanna be in photos.

if they photograph you anyways tell them to stop.

if they continue then leave

ltcvnzl
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2017, 10:29 pm

I thought about offering to take my camera and be the party photographer – it would give me an activity to be less anxious/awkward and then i won't be in photos myself??

i like when i go out and i have something to be busy it's always easier to deal with people this way

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2017, 10:50 pm

I thought about offering to take my camera and be the party photographer – it would give me an activity to be less anxious/awkward and then i won't be in photos myself??

i like when i go out and i have something to be busy it's always easier to deal with people this way
____________________________________________________________________________________________

yeah if you have a chance to go to a party, maybe you ought to go.

seriously, it has been a long time since i have gone to a party. maybe 2011 or so. and there was just talking/eating. no alcohol or drama. the aikido club had a party.

quite frankly i do not wanna go to a party. however, precious lil "people" don't invite me to parties either.

yeah take a camera and be the photographer.

ltcvnzl
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2017, 8:26 pm

I didn't took my camera because I had forgot my card on the university but actually nobody brought a camera as well, and there was just a feel people taking photos with the phone occasionally, there was only one group photo and in general it was ok.