Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

FutureIsAS
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

06 Jul 2017, 10:18 pm

Dominance oriented, neurotic, "incel", radicalized and so forth. Honestly, I've always interpreted these traits to be characteristic of an NT male down on his luck and these stories strike me as calculated acts of scapegoating. Still, the whole anti-autism campaign seems highly flawed and illogical to me. If we grow to recognize and be more or less immune to the scapegoating, what exactly do they hope to accomplish? All this drama, in addition to my psychology/biology/humanities studies has allowed me to pick up on all their secrets. Maybe my Theory of Mind still needs some fine tuning, but I can only foresee this as NT culture managing to self-destruct itself in it's blind rage and misguided overconfidence.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2017, 1:50 am

FutureIsAS wrote:
Dominance oriented, neurotic, "incel", radicalized and so forth. Honestly, I've always interpreted these traits to be characteristic of an NT male down on his luck and these stories strike me as calculated acts of scapegoating. Still, the whole anti-autism campaign seems highly flawed and illogical to me. If we grow to recognize and be more or less immune to the scapegoating, what exactly do they hope to accomplish? All this drama, in addition to my psychology/biology/humanities studies has allowed me to pick up on all their secrets. Maybe my Theory of Mind still needs some fine tuning, but I can only foresee this as NT culture managing to self-destruct itself in it's blind rage and misguided overconfidence.

No, media stereotypes do not accurately depict me.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2017, 9:05 am

Chronos wrote:
FutureIsAS wrote:

No, media stereotypes do not accurately depict me.

I did work as a programmer but I am not intellectually disabled nor a genius savant, and I am a mature adult.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman