Page 2 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

boofle
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Jul 2017, 9:03 pm

karathraceandherspecialdestiny wrote:
boofle wrote:
Asking not to call all transgender people mentally ill is bullying now? That's a fascinating take on the issue.

You are obviously easily enthralled.

I *could* give the retort that it's not nearly as fascinating as your earlier Misinterpretation of AngelRho's post that kick-started all this, but I won't, because I'm not particularly gullible.

Instead, I'd politely ask that you stick to topic. Thank you.

I really don't understand what I did to prompt such hostility. I just don't think it's right to make incorrect statements like transgender people are mentally ill. Would it be OK if someone who was NT came into this forum and started telling us all we are mentally ill because we are autistic? Because that would be equally as incorrect, and ignorant, and would promote a harmful stereotype and stigma about autistic people, would it not?

calling you on your behaviour in the tone YOU initially used with angelrho isn't nice, is it? HE was a gentleman and withdrew but, you didn't even have the courtesy to let him go ...without another barb, belaboring a point that did not even exist.

here is his post...

"I used to get in these intellectual conversations with a trans woman who was a particularly hateful and heinous person. Once I put all the pieces together, I figured out he was living as a post-op lesbian woman and was beleaguered by his inability to attract lesbian women. That led me to conclude his motivation was primarily to get a LTR with a woman. Since he couldn't cut it as a man, he thought he could do better as a lesbian radical feminist. Had the surgery and everything, too.

And to me it just shows nobody can really have it all their way. You can't force genuine acceptance any more than race laws can end racism (doesn't make it right, just sayin) or Supreme Court decisions can force acceptance of gay marriage. 2+2 will =4 in the minds of most no matter what you force them to say or try to make them believe."

you cherry picked the first paragraph and deliberately ignored the next para where he was making a salient point. NONE of which suggests "transphobia", i might add.

YOU are the one creating the argument and then YOU are the one crying foul because you are being called on it?

seriously?

anyways, i am now done with this...you have pushed enough, gotten enough of the reaction you clearly wanted to get...but, enough is now enough.

pls, stick to topic.

karathraceandherspecialdestiny
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2017, 9:08 pm

Chichikov wrote:
Chichikov wrote:

Asking not to call all transgender people mentally ill is bullying now?

No, but calling people transphobic, ignorant and other pejorative terms just because they disagree with you is.

I said the things you were saying were ignorant and transphobic, because they are. That is not the same as calling you personally a transphobe and an ignorant person. When you say ignorant transphobic things, people might call you on that and point out how those things you're saying are incorrect and misinformed. That's not what bullying is.

So prove what I'm saying is wrong.

I can't do that, as I'm being asked to stick to the topic and that's not what the OP is about. I can however suggest that you do some internet research, as there is more and more medical research out there now about transgenderism all the time. You might also consider reading some perspectives of trans people directly. But I will bow out of the thread now, as the question of whether or not transgenderism is a mental illness is not the subject of the OP.

Chichikov
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2017, 9:12 pm

I can't do that

Then stop calling people who disagree with you "transphobic".

C2V
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2017, 5:23 am

Oh great, an argument. How unbelievably helpful ---> viewtopic.php?t=351306 :(

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

25 Jul 2017, 4:18 am

I'm sorry C2V but I think this particular thread is better off locked, since it's been derailed by some users in any event and is not anymore what you intended.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/