Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

runescapian
Butterfly
Butterfly

08 Jul 2017, 10:17 pm

Hi, my name is Sean and I am 22 years old. I'm not sure if I have autism or not but it wouldn't surprise me. I have been diagnosed with social anxiety disorder and been on SSRIs for like a decade because when I am not on them I get extremely irritable and anxious. Unfortunately SSRIs suck for me personally because they have a lot of side effects. At the moment I am in college but I am having trouble doing my homework due to lack of motivation or something. I have always been like this unfortunately. Anyways I have been extremely lonely for a long time and recently got out of a relationship (my first) where I fell madly in love with this girl and she didn't feel the same way back... that sucked... I have been more depressed than usual lately because my problems are just really taking a toll on me. I also have chronic joint problems which make it hard for me to be active daily and I'm just tired of being a loser. Anywayssss, I'm also playing runescape atm (it's my escape from my hellish life) so sorry if the post is scatter-brained or whatever.

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2017, 10:30 pm

Even if you don't have autism you're welcome here, in fact there's a specific forum for other disorders. I've never been on SSRI's, but they don't sound all that pleasant, sorry you have to use them. As for runescape, I've never played it (I'm a geezer, I aged out of video games a while ago), but you'll find plenty of people here who are MMORPG fans, and lots of gaming fans in general.

As for your lack of motivation at school, you sound conflicted/confused about what the real issue is. If the relationship you discussed ended recently that may be affecting your mood and thus motivation (just a wild guess on my part). The good news is you know it's an issue, so it gives you something to work on.

Anyhow, welcome to WP.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2017, 2:40 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :)

runescapian
Butterfly
Butterfly

10 Jul 2017, 1:30 am

Aristophanes wrote:
Even if you don't have autism you're welcome here, in fact there's a specific forum for other disorders. I've never been on SSRI's, but they don't sound all that pleasant, sorry you have to use them. As for runescape, I've never played it (I'm a geezer, I aged out of video games a while ago), but you'll find plenty of people here who are MMORPG fans, and lots of gaming fans in general.

As for your lack of motivation at school, you sound conflicted/confused about what the real issue is. If the relationship you discussed ended recently that may be affecting your mood and thus motivation (just a wild guess on my part). The good news is you know it's an issue, so it gives you something to work on.

Anyhow, welcome to WP.

Thank you for the welcome. I actually had been on another forum (not for autism) for a while but the reason i left was because i had met the girl i was talking about from the forum, and after the breakup it became drama central. Everyone on the forum could not possibly comprehend why i was upset because they are all incels, so all i got were passive aggressive replies whenever i commented about the breakup. Plus it was just awkward to talk on the forum afterwards considering she is a member. All in all, people think getting into a relationship fixes everything, but really it doesn't. I was a freaking train wreck after the breakup and no1 on that stupid forum could understand where i was coming from for the life of them.

alex
Developer
Developer

10 Jul 2017, 4:38 am

Welcome to Wrong Planet. Most people can relate to being a trainwreck after a bad breakup.