I'm beginning to hate the fact that I'm white

Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

K_Kelly
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2017, 7:34 pm

Before anyone else posts and calls me a self-hating European, it's not so much the fact of being white that I hate, but is that I'm below average or 'ideal' height for European males. I don't feel quite adequate in my racial-social demographic, and I know I may have what sounds like a very dark view of the future and the western world, but a lot of it is true.

It happens in all areas of society, but dating is just one of them. No matter how much individual women may view me as worth, there is ALWAYS going to be a more significant number of single women who will reject me often.

Maybe if you are more strongly more into non-white women (or if you are non-white yourself), are past a certain age (I just want a youthful relationship and enjoy what I can before I hit 40 and everything goes away), or another factor, it may not be as big as a disadvantage to a guy, but if I mostly prefer more fit or attractive European women (and hold a strong favoring to those with roughly "nordic" features like blonde hair and blue eyes) I am expected to be at least 5'9" or above. It's nothing I can ever change. And this is the only physical material existence we have where we are able to experience living with a romantic relationship. There is no evidence that we may have this chance in our next lives.

I was also going to include something else in my vent. I am still afraid of breaking any forum rules of receiving a PM warning, but it's just an opinion, even though it may sound a little harsh or exaggerated.

Judas
Raven
Raven

12 Jul 2017, 5:53 am

What the f u c k mate, how do you even?

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2017, 6:24 am

So is this because you're short?

Judas
Raven
Raven

12 Jul 2017, 6:33 am

Even though peoble think little of you and belittle your problems, don't let your shortcommings stop you, reach for the sky!
Ok, ok. Serious face. Lotsa people of short, so what? Why should that be a hindrence?
Look at Bilbo, hes short, but he saved middle earth right?

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2017, 6:47 am

No, that was Frodo.

Judas
Raven
Raven

12 Jul 2017, 6:53 am

Oh yeah, "smacks own head"

Spyoon
Raven
Raven

12 Jul 2017, 7:32 am

And he too was taller than your average hobbit. :P

seaweed
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2017, 7:36 am

well..speaking as a 5'0" woman, anyone who is taller than me is "tall" from my perspective.
speaking as a person in general, height isn't a factor. i am not the only one. for example, my beautiful nordic/french best friend is 5'6" and her boyfriend is not more than an inch or two taller than me.
idk what to say about the racial stuff though. i can't understand at all so i'm just not going to touch 8O

some other positives about being short:
you can fit into big spaces and small spaces and big people can only fit into big spaces. if the only way to escape from a dungeon of torture or something was through a tiny tunnel you might be able to escape and the tall people would be f****d. similarly, if you were the stranded on a deserted island with people who presumably are bigger than you, you would probably be last pick to be cannibalized.

Spyoon
Raven
Raven

12 Jul 2017, 8:11 am

seaweed wrote:
well..speaking as a 5'0" woman, anyone who is taller than me is "tall" from my perspective.
speaking as a person in general, height isn't a factor. i am not the only one. for example, my beautiful nordic/french best friend is 5'6" and her boyfriend is not more than an inch or two taller than me.
idk what to say about the racial stuff though. i can't understand at all so i'm just not going to touch 8O

some other positives about being short:
you can fit into big spaces and small spaces and big people can only fit into big spaces. if the only way to escape from a dungeon of torture or something was through a tiny tunnel you might be able to escape and the tall people would be f****d. similarly, if you were the stranded on a deserted island with people who presumably are bigger than you, you would probably be last pick to be cannibalized.

So you are about 152.40 cm (5' 0"), your friend 167.64 cm(5' 6") and her boyfriend 157.48 cm(5' 2") . She is aroud 10 whole centimeters taller than him, correct? I really like the idea as i picture them in my mind.
Also take into account this!
T.Samaras&H.Elrick''Height, body size, and longevity: is smaller better for the humanbody?'' (hint; yes!)
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1071721/

seaweed
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2017, 8:19 am

Spyoon wrote:
So you are about 152.40 cm (5' 0"), your friend 167.64 cm(5' 6") and her boyfriend 157.48 cm(5' 2") . She is aroud 10 whole centimeters taller than him, correct? I really like the idea as i picture them in my mind.
Also take into account this!
T.Samaras&H.Elrick''Height, body size, and longevity: is smaller better for the humanbody?'' (hint; yes!)
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1071721/

yep that would be correct. they are very good together :D and not just because they look good together lol.
and wow i was not aware that height had any correlation to lifespan.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2017, 8:33 am

Speaking as a 6'2 man, anyone who's shorter than 6'2 is short from my perspective.

seaweed
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2017, 8:52 am

^^ obviously.

perspective is fun.

Trueno
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2017, 9:21 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:
Speaking as a 6'2 man, anyone who's shorter than 6'2 is short from my perspective.

6'2" here. But at least the OP can fit into a standard airline seat without crushing his knees.

Unkind tongue, right ill hast thou me rendered
For such desert to do me wreak and shame

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2017, 9:27 am

I'm 5 foot 4 3/4. Much shorter than the OP, who I believe is like 5 foot 7 or 8.

"White" is such a broad category that I would not even think of hating myself because I'm "white." "White" isn't really a culture, either.

If I wanted to hate myself, I might hate myself because I'm Jewish, and short, because I don't "look" Jewish.

Lintar
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2017, 9:50 pm

K_Kelly wrote:
I know I may have what sounds like a very dark view of the future and the western world, but a lot of it is true.

This passage, for me personally, really stood out because I can fully relate to it. Things really do seem to be spiraling out of control, and they have been for quite some time (since the early 90's in my view). People seem to be - seem to be, I could be wrong - far more selfish, self-centred, arrogant, rude, and just plain nasty these days. Politics is well and truly in the gutter, and no, I'm not specifically referring to Mr. Trump when I say this, for politics in my own country has reached rock-bottom as well. The mainstream media is all in the business of deliberately scaring people with endless stories about 'terrorism', 'global warming' (which is a complete fantasy, by the way) and doomsday stories (ex. Stephen Hawking has been 'saying' a lot about such things lately. It's all rather odd).

If you truly want to be happy, the very first step will be to just switch off all your electronic gadgetry, don't use the internet, and just go for a walk in the sunshine. It's what people used to do, back in the good-old-days, prior to the early 90's when people actually still had privacy and didn't have phony Facebook 'friends'.

C2V
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2017, 5:12 am

Quote:
Even though peoble think little of you and belittle your problems, don't let your shortcommings stop you, reach for the sky!

Hee hee. :)
You're not short, you're fun-sized. Why should you care? Why should anyone? There's better things to care about in my view.