Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

paintmepink
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

09 Jul 2017, 9:12 pm

First of all this video embodies everything I want to do. I want to party like a f-ing rock star. Ladies love rock stars, and they love that "coke head" look. Now please don't berate me on this, because I know it's true. I know confidence is key, but this guy parties man. I know he's a rapper and whatnot, but jeez. People party like this all the time and they're not rappers! How do these people do it?! I'm so confused...

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2017, 7:00 am

paintmepink wrote:
Ladies love rock stars, and they love that "coke head" look. Now please don't berate me on this, because I know it's true.

Sorry to break it to you, but it's not. Some women are admittedly into that, but that's not nearly all of them.

Victor1985
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

11 Jul 2017, 4:34 pm

I dont see the appeal myself, people on coke are boring as hell. Its not real confidence,

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2017, 5:21 pm

I think I know that feeling. Normally I'm really reclusive and I don't even like going out to buy groceries, but I like the idea of going to a party, getting super drunk/high on drugs, and just acting like an animal. It's fake confidence, but so what? When you have no confidence, you take what you can get.

For the sake of your health though, you shouldn't go out and do drugs or drink excessively.

ZachGoodwin
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2017, 6:46 pm

mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:
I think I know that feeling. Normally I'm really reclusive and I don't even like going out to buy groceries, but I like the idea of going to a party, getting super drunk/high on drugs, and just acting like an animal. It's fake confidence, but so what? When you have no confidence, you take what you can get.

For the sake of your health though, you shouldn't go out and do drugs or drink excessively.

People go to parties to have fun, relax, and meet people. Added, not all parties are about doing drugs, sex, or alcohol. Your parents may have a party with your relatives during Christmas.

Victor1985
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

11 Jul 2017, 10:16 pm

mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:

Yeah I get that, I do, but my point was it doesn't really make people confident it just makes them very arrogant, its a caricature of confidenc.

This_Amoeba
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2017, 11:11 am

People like that usually turn into burnouts unless they are actual "rock stars" and rich.

Victor1985
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

13 Jul 2017, 3:23 pm

That's it, its a very seductive drug. Here's a quote I read that sums it up well "the only thing cocaine makes you feel like is more cocaine".

I can see why somebody would chase that whole extroverted coke head "glamour" thing, but its not real, it's just an image. It doesn't tend to bring out the best in people.

Its also not cheap....

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2017, 7:05 pm

ZachGoodwin wrote:
mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:

People go to parties to have fun, relax, and meet people. Added, not all parties are about doing drugs, sex, or alcohol. Your parents may have a party with your relatives during Christmas.

Parties aren't relaxing to me, at all.

Mr_Miner
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 Jul 2017, 2:26 pm

I guess I am someone who has done my share of "partying". The only women who like the coke look use coke themselves and that world is a whole bunch of trouble. The shadiest dealers I have ever known all sold coke. It's a violent world compared to other substances and you need to be ready for that.

But to your original question. If you want to be like that video you just have to be you. Go out and enjoy the concert or whatever it is and don't worry about what other people think. The right kind of people will notice. But that video is also playing up what I would call club VIP culture. You are paying lots of money to party outside of the real party. Rappers talk about it all the time. "Making it rain" "bottle service" etc. It was never something that appealed to me but for some it's a way to show off money.