Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2017, 1:02 am

Have finished binge watching season 1 and 2 of Fargo. It's very true to the movie as far as style goes along with Choen brothers movies in general, while still being original with lots of unexpected twits and turns. The villian Loren Malvo in season 1 played by Billy Bob Thornton is now on my list of favorite villain right alongside Anton Chigurh from No Country for Old Men. So that said being like Choen bros movies, there is a lot of bloodshed. But the series is very sophisticated.

One thing I found interesting were the nonverbal henchmen. Season 1 had a deaf mute and season 2 had twin brothers who never talked for unexplained reasons. It wss made very clear they were nonverbal.

alex
Developer
Developer

10 Jul 2017, 2:58 am

It's a fantastic show. Enjoyed the 3rd season as well. . .

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2017, 3:27 am

I have seen the first two. I await to watch the third season.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2017, 2:28 pm

EzraS wrote:
Have finished binge watching season 1 and 2 of Fargo. It's very true to the movie as far as style goes along with Choen brothers movies in general, while still being original with lots of unexpected twits and turns. The villian Loren Malvo in season 1 played by Billy Bob Thornton is now on my list of favorite villain right alongside Anton Chigurh from No Country for Old Men. So that said being like Choen bros movies, there is a lot of bloodshed. But the series is very sophisticated.

One thing I found interesting were the nonverbal henchmen. Season 1 had a deaf mute and season 2 had twin brothers who never talked for unexplained reasons. It wss made very clear they were nonverbal.

Bit of a spoiler - but I think a good one - the deaf, mute hitman returns in the 2017 season, albeit having a much more sympathetic role.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2017, 3:16 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:

Bit of a spoiler - but I think a good one - the deaf, mute hitman returns in the 2017 season, albeit having a much more sympathetic role.

Maybe Gale Kitchen will also reappear along the way. Maybe he'll team up with Mr. Wrench. Interesting how both nonverbal hitmen lost their counterpart.

Side note: turns out the actor who plays Mr. Wrench really is deaf.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2017, 7:14 pm

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:

Maybe Gale Kitchen will also reappear along the way. Maybe he'll team up with Mr. Wrench. Interesting how both nonverbal hitmen lost their counterpart.

Side note: turns out the actor who plays Mr. Wrench really is deaf.

Doesn't surprise me.

LookWhoItIs
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Jul 2017, 11:13 pm

I know most will disagree with me, but I only liked (and I did REALLY LIKE it) Season 1. Seasons 2 and 3 didn't do anything for me.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2017, 6:54 am

LookWhoItIs wrote:
I know most will disagree with me, but I only liked (and I did REALLY LIKE it) Season 1. Seasons 2 and 3 didn't do anything for me.

I pretty much agree. Season 1 was a major stand out compared to 2 and 3.

Loren Malvo has become one of my favorite villains of all time. "Lester are you sure?.... yes or no?" Man I loved that.

I definitely didn't like that in season 3 they basically had the same set up as season 1, with an idiot chief impeding the protagonist's investigation. Like are you kidding me?!

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2017, 5:18 pm

I for one actually enjoyed the third season, especially David Thewlis as the nauseatingly creepy villain, Varga. Despite his bulimia, and those godawful rotten teeth, he's seemingly omniscient, has command of an amazingly educated vocabulary and facts, and is intensely sinister.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2017, 10:09 pm

He was pretty good. He had that Hannibal Lecter like quality of perceiving everything. I liked how the last episode left the audience hanging.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2017, 11:31 pm

EzraS wrote:
He was pretty good. He had that Hannibal Lecter like quality of perceiving everything. I liked how the last episode left the audience hanging.

Absolutely. I hope he comes back in a later season, like the deaf hitman did.

LookWhoItIs
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Jul 2017, 10:37 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
I for one actually enjoyed the third season, especially David Thewlis as the nauseatingly creepy villain, Varga. Despite his bulimia, and those godawful rotten teeth, he's seemingly omniscient, has command of an amazingly educated vocabulary and facts, and is intensely sinister.

Well okay, I was intrigued by the V.M. Varga character in Season 3, but really nothing else in that season interested me. I had a similar problem with Season 2...I liked Mike Milligan, but the season overall was just a bore.

Season 1 is soooo much better.