Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2017, 8:14 am

Over time I've been dxed with schizophrenia,schizoaffective mixed type, bipolar,PD NOS and finally paranoid PD.

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2017, 2:54 pm

Yep. Over time, I've been diagnosed with various types of Sensory Processing Disorder/disfunction, AS/HFA, OCD, GAD, Social Anxiety Disorder, Visual Processing and Auditory-language Processing disorders, and, most recently the AS/HFA dx has been changed to AUtism Spectrum Disorder - Level 1. I wouldn't have been reassessed, but went through a period where I couldn't identify with some of the more common traits of AS, and I went through a lot of soul-searching, if you will, as AS had been, in (large) part, how I identified with myself and others with AS and, respectively, the differences between me and the world around me. As I began to spend time on WP (over a span of a couple of years), I saw, very clearly, how different I was to (most) other Aspies, in a couple, profound ways. Anyway, Im rambling, but, indeed, I agree with the title of your post, and honestly, begining to dislike labels, all together. Although, I guess if it weren't for 'labels', I wouldn't have known where to begin to embark on my path to learning and connecting so many dots. Aaaand, just realizing that I am not entirely, on topic.

CharityGoodyGrace
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2017, 4:25 am

I have 8 or 9 psych diagnoses of 8 or 9 different things.

I am against labeling the way it is done because all it does is cause people to assume stuff about others on an individual basis that isn't true. More often than not, HARMFUL stuff.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2017, 4:20 pm

I was labeled "hyperactive" as a child. Although I have never received a formal diagnosis of Asperger syndrome, it fits me much better than my childhood diagnosis.