Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2017, 5:13 pm

My relatives are trying to force me and my husband to sign a lease on a place that currently smells like cat pee... We agreed to live there... I dont really want to live there though so I applied to a really good job position that is in another city. They said they were looking especially for disabled applicants so I applied... But am I doing wrong?

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

FINALLY diagnosed with ASD 2/6/2020

Tawaki
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2017, 7:12 am

Cat pee is an absolute deal breaker for me.

Hope you get the job.

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2017, 10:19 am

And now my uncle wants to live WITH us in cat pee singlewide trailer because hes stingy with money like that... But he cant afford where we are staying now when we move out and hes making us feel obligated to take him in.

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2017, 11:37 am

No certainly not. Sounds like your relatives are trying to take advantage of you...they know its run-down and stinks of cat pee and don't want to deal with it so they want to dump it off on you. Also they can't 'force' you to sign a lease that would be illegal.

And I imagine you agreed to live there before you learned it smells of cat pee? Perhaps that is something they should have informed you of beforehand it was dishonest of them not to. I am sure with your good job position in another city you'll be able to find a cleaner place to live, also hopefully be further away from these relatives.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2017, 11:42 am

Angnix wrote:
And now my uncle wants to live WITH us in cat pee singlewide trailer because hes stingy with money like that... But he cant afford where we are staying now when we move out and hes making us feel obligated to take him in.

Don't take him in...I mean if it sounded like he was someone who helps with paying bills and helps out around the house it would be different. But if I recall from other posts of yours he doesn't really lift a finger and is too stingy with money to help enough with bills and such.

Maybe he can work out a deal with these relatives to live in this cat-pee reeking home by himself for a cost he is willing to pay them. I mean if I were you I'd just pack up and move to the city you'll be working in and not take him in, and let he and your relatives figure out what to do without you. I mean if you're disabled and trying to work the last thing you need is to be responsible for their crap or feel responsible for it...you should focus on you and what is good for you.

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2017, 2:39 pm

They claimed they eliminated the cat pee smell but we went back in there and it was still BAD!! ! Also infested with fleas. This uncle is not paying all the bills where we are at now and hes not paying the one in my name! I turned on the electricity to be nice and he promised to pay but didnt.