Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

AspergersActor8693
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2017, 8:20 pm

I am not sure if anyone else has experienced something like this, but I seem to keep getting warts on my hands.

I have had three on my left hand for a bit now. I had tired using a wart remover, but after I got some of it off they came back. Perhaps I hadn't used it correctly, I am not sure.

Today I noticed that two appear to be forming on my right hand.

Including the two I noticed today, all but one are on my fingertips either near my fingerprints or right in them.

Anyone know why this is happening? I had done a bit of research and apparently warts are linked to a type of HIV virus? True? False? Also, what would be the best way to remove them?

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2017, 7:14 pm

AspergersActor8693 wrote:
I am not sure if anyone else has experienced something like this, but I seem to keep getting warts on my hands.

I have had three on my left hand for a bit now. I had tired using a wart remover, but after I got some of it off they came back. Perhaps I hadn't used it correctly, I am not sure.

Including the two I noticed today, all but one are on my fingertips either near my fingerprints or right in them.

Anyone know why this is happening? I had done a bit of research and apparently warts are linked to a type of HIV virus? True? False? Also, what would be the best way to remove them?

Warts are linked to the human papilloma virus (HPV) not HIV. However having HIV or a weakened immune system can make the HPV virus, and thus the warts, difficult to control. As they tend to be viraly induced, they also tend to be contagious. You should see a dermatologist to ensure their proper removal.

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2017, 8:18 pm

Frankincense kills warts pretty effectively applied topically.

Scorpius14
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2017, 8:46 am

I had one on my right hand finger for 2 years now, used the instant freeze on it as prescribed and now as there are cuts to government spending, they won't authorise an operation to remove it unless it interferes with everyday tasks. It is uncomfortable but doesn't get in the way unfortunately. Having diabetes might be responsible though as it also is linked to a weaker immune system.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2017, 9:57 am

Try using the wart remover till the wart is entirely gone...not to 'get some of it off' I mean think about it how is getting some of the wart off actually going to make it go away? So yeah leave it on there till its gone, not just till its smaller. Or you could also try tea tree oil, I think my boyfriend had some success getting rid of a couple warts with it. Also I have heard stress can contribute to warts....are you overly stressed at all?

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2017, 10:10 am

Scorpius14 wrote:
I had one on my right hand finger for 2 years now, used the instant freeze on it as prescribed and now as there are cuts to government spending, they won't authorise an operation to remove it unless it interferes with everyday tasks. It is uncomfortable but doesn't get in the way unfortunately. Having diabetes might be responsible though as it also is linked to a weaker immune system.

Why would one need an operation if instant freeze works to remove it?

Muziek
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Jul 2017, 5:28 am

AspergersActor8693 wrote:

Relax. Try to wash your hands more frequently every day. See if this gives an improvement within a month or two.

This reminds me of a psychologist who interviewed me for a ADHD diagnosis. At a point during the interview, I told her that I washed my hands 6 (something like that, long time ago) times per day. Haha, she immediately thought of a obsession disorder. :mrgreen: I like to wash my hands frequently, thank you very much. Eg after I go to the bathroom or before a meal or making dinner. :roll: I guess hygiene is not considered normal anymore. :eew:

As a musical term for sure, "the '80s" imply the late '70s and early '90s. You can think of them as tapers of this golden decade.

Hutchie0109
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

03 Aug 2017, 4:17 pm

I had warts and verucas, I went to doctors, got nurse who runs a clinic for this, she used cryogenic spray to freeze them which got rid of them, I had to file them down to expose as much of the black root as possible, it worked, they spread otherwise and can be painful too.