Do aspies regret breaking up?

Page 2 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

CharityGoodyGrace
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2017, 11:16 pm

If you are who I think you are, cberg, you did it at least once in the past.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2017, 9:16 pm

Raleigh wrote:
^ why?

lol.

To answer the original question, no. I’m always glad the relationship is over. I’ve never wanted them back.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2017, 12:17 am

CharityGoodyGrace wrote:
If you are who I think you are, cberg, you did it at least once in the past.

I'm sorry, you're mistaken.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

01 Nov 2017, 5:30 pm

Me & my 1st girlfriend broke up mutually. It was a long distance relationship(mostly online thing) & she was abit younger than me(she was 15 when I was 20). We were having a lot of problems towards the end because she had issues with drugs & alcohol & I had OCD & anxiety issues that caused me to worry she was getting into trouble when she likely wasn't & it caused me to have lots of panic attacks so I became controlling. We tried to remain friends after we broke up but I kept having those issues. Shortly after we quit being friends she was bragging online about how she drank so much she had to get her stomach pumped & I slashed my arm 9x & spent the next 5 years seeing psychs & taking meds. Anyways... I felt pretty guilty about the way I acted towards her towards the end & feel like my issues drove her to drugs & alcohol more. I really do still love her & feel like she was the 1st person who really understood me & connected with me. I really wish I could of made her a better person in the end. I was single for a long time afterwards despite my best efforts to find someone both online & offline. I really felt like I was doomed to be single forever & I hated being alone.

My 2nd girlfriend broke up with me partly cuz of my issues but I was doing my best to work on them & I started medication in the middle of the relationship & was gradually getting better. I did my very best to make things work but it wasn't good enough & it kind of was a one-sided relationship anyways thou(her side).

I got into my current relationship shortly after & I worry sometimes that she'll leave me or that she'd be better off without me. She has anxiety & depression issues along with other things & needs alot of support sometimes. I do like being supportive of my partner but I feel like I'm not doing a good enough job & that I'm too dependent on her. I think screwing up my two previous relationships is making me worry alot that I'll screw up this one.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition