Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Victor1985
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

11 Jul 2017, 3:26 pm

Hi, I'm new here, I'm just looking around. I was diagnosed with AS a few weeks back, they gave me 210 out of this quotient test, the ceiling is 230, they said I was the second most severely affected on their records, and they were astounded it had never been picked up at school. It's affected my life pretty severely. I've researched the condition in depth but now I want to meet actual people who also have this thing.

alex
Developer
Developer

11 Jul 2017, 3:36 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet

Victor1985
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

11 Jul 2017, 3:57 pm

Cheers, I imagine I'll be on this quite a bit actually, so many topics here.

Trueno
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2017, 4:11 pm

Hi, and welcome.

Unkind tongue, right ill hast thou me rendered
For such desert to do me wreak and shame

Victor1985
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

11 Jul 2017, 5:35 pm

Thanks mate.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2017, 6:32 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :D

Victor1985
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

11 Jul 2017, 6:42 pm

Thanks, ive been having a look around and I feel like I can fit in round here.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2017, 6:51 pm

Welcome, Victor1985----I'm so glad you're here!!

I can imagine you're feeling a little lost and / or lonely, right now----maybe even angry that you didn't find this out, when you were a child, so that you could have had some help / better understanding of you, BY you, and from other people. You can feel rest-assured that most of us, who were diagnosed late, really know how you feel----and, you're not alone, anymore.

Here's to hoping you're able to get involved in conversations, here, that help you with learning about yourself, and you're feeling better, in no-time-flat!!

Kovu
Raven
Raven

12 Jul 2017, 8:56 am

Hi mate, I love British people. I have relatives in Gibraltar, I'm visiting them in August.

I feel a lot of real hatred against the evil repulsive maggots of the Spanish in my heart. If I had an opportunity to murder the little innocent kid of one of their bloody cops I'd actually do it very openly. They always treated me like trash, these subhuman oppressive ableist merciless scumbags, the lowest scum of the Earth.

boofle
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Jul 2017, 10:33 am

Kovu wrote:
Hi mate, I love British people. I have relatives in Gibraltar, I'm visiting them in August.

I feel a lot of real hatred against the evil repulsive maggots of the Spanish in my heart. If I had an opportunity to murder the little innocent kid of one of their bloody cops I'd actually do it very openly. They always treated me like trash, these subhuman oppressive ableist merciless scumbags, the lowest scum of the Earth.

thanks for sharing, kovu 8O ...tho possibly, maybe, just a tad strong, and bizarre (if not psychotic), as a "welcome" message...

*wonders how this sorta stuff doesn't get moderated*

Trueno
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2017, 10:42 am

boofle wrote:
*wonders how this sorta stuff doesn't get moderated*

Plus one on that!

Unkind tongue, right ill hast thou me rendered
For such desert to do me wreak and shame

Victor1985
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

12 Jul 2017, 4:47 pm

Hi, thanks for all your replys. Well yeah, to be perfectly honest with everybody I do feel a bit pissed off with the state education system in the UK back then. I couldn't learn in a conventional classroom, and I was punished with detention for something that wasn't my fault. I tried to do the work, but the light hurt my head, there were 50 people all around me, the halls were packed with people, and the information just didn't go in.

I completely rebeled against that system, and I left that school with zero prospects. If it was today's education system I'd have thrived. Honestly though I try not to be bitter about it.

Voxish
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Jul 2017, 12:02 pm

Victor1985 wrote:
Hi, thanks for all your replys. Well yeah, to be perfectly honest with everybody I do feel a bit pissed off with the state education system in the UK back then. I couldn't learn in a conventional classroom, and I was punished with detention for something that wasn't my fault. I tried to do the work, but the light hurt my head, there were 50 people all around me, the halls were packed with people, and the information just didn't go in.

I completely rebeled against that system, and I left that school with zero prospects. If it was today's education system I'd have thrived. Honestly though I try not to be bitter about it.

I was diagnosed very recently although I have known for quite a while. I left school in 1979 in the UK with no qualifications. I was bullied for my entire school life, school was a terrifying nightmare for which I totally lacked the social skills to manage. I went to school, got my mark, jumped the fence on the way to my first lesson before repeating my escape act again after lunch. When I did attend nothing went in and I sat there with an empty book in front of me for my entire school life and rarely produced any work. I left school believing I was stupid and would never make any kind of life for myself. I am now a qualified further education teacher and currently half way through a Masters degree.

Something went very wrong there....

BBC: Radio 4

Victor1985
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

18 Jul 2017, 6:57 pm

That is really impressive. I've been reading up on this, and there are so many stories of people coming through the education system before ASD was known about, and not doing well in the education system or the working world. It sounds like you've done very well though, I couldn't imagine standing up in front of a room full of people like that.

dd1
Butterfly
Butterfly

29 Jul 2017, 4:35 pm

So how do you feel now that you've been diagnosed? I've also been diagnosed a few weeks back and had some major life changes, so I'm feeling really really confused..

Alexanderplatz
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2017, 6:29 pm

Greetings from a fellow brit who was diagnosed later in life