Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2017, 6:37 pm

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/07/11/gop-fund-trump-border-wall-240418

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2017, 11:51 pm

Y'know, as that damn wall is going to get built by impoverishing American even more, as opposed to making Mexico pay for it, it goes to show you how congressional Republicans hate brown, non-English speakers more than they love their own people.

248RPA
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2017, 7:30 am

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GVN17U3Vg34

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2017, 7:49 am

May create good jobs for people who want to live away from other people.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2017, 12:02 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Y'know, as that damn wall is going to get built by impoverishing American even more, as opposed to making Mexico pay for it, it goes to show you how congressional Republicans hate brown, non-English speakers more than they love their own people.

It will provide jobs for a lot of Americans. Considering the nation increased an extra ten trillion dollars in debt from 2008 to 2016, the cost of that wall will be a drop of water in an ocean of debt. Not that I'm in favor of the thing, just sayin'

But of course it's all about them being brown instead of white. If they were white, the republicans would have fleets of limousines to shuttle all the illegal invaders over here by the millions. After all that's what Canada does for white Americans.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2017, 7:48 pm

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

It will provide jobs for a lot of Americans. Considering the nation increased an extra ten trillion dollars in debt from 2008 to 2016, the cost of that wall will be a drop of water in an ocean of debt. Not that I'm in favor of the thing, just sayin'

But of course it's all about them being brown instead of white. If they were white, the republicans would have fleets of limousines to shuttle all the illegal invaders over here by the millions. After all that's what Canada does for white Americans.

Chances are, it'll end up more of a fence, as a wall is impossible to see beyond to the other side - and yes, Trump was told this by the border patrol. Not that many people are needed to just put a fence; and chances are, the workers will be from Mexico.
To say that there isn't a racial element here is nonsense.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2017, 8:28 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Chances are, it'll end up more of a fence, as a wall is impossible to see beyond to the other side - and yes, Trump was told this by the border patrol. Not that many people are needed to just put a fence; and chances are, the workers will be from Mexico.
To say that there isn't a racial element here is nonsense.

If it's just a simple fence that can be built by a handful, then how is that going to impoverish Americans? On one hand they claim it's this impossible feat of massive engineering that will cost zillions and on the other hand they're claiming it's a simple fence that will generate no jobs because a skeleton crew can erect it.

I think the racial element is nonsense based on the strictness of Canadian immigration and the strictness of crossing that boarder on both sides - by white people. Furthermore I don't think the United States would be any more welcoming to hordes of people from Bosnia, Croatia and Serbia illegally invading the US if those countries happened to be on the other side of their southern border.

It's the left that goes on the most about skin color, to an extensive degree. 9 times out of 10 that I see someone bringing up skin color, it's someone on the left.

wowiexist
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2017, 11:30 pm

Come on. The wall is never going to happen. Like the article says, even if it by some miracle got through the house it wouldn't pass the Senate anyways. If it did get all the way through there would probably be a legal battle and probably down the road they would just change their minds. Anyone with a brain can see it is a stupid idea.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2017, 11:42 pm

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Actually Canada doesn't do that for white Americans. Canada does not give any particular preference to white people or Americans when it comes to immigration. Canada gives preference to medical doctors and grain farmers.

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2017, 12:01 am

Kraichgauer wrote:

I actually had someone who votes Republican come up and tell me "Donald Trump is making a deal with Taco Bell to create a wall burrito!" like it was supposed to be funny. :roll: Most of the rednecks who want the wall ironically don't mind buying pot from Mexican drug dealers but can you really be surprised with rednecks?

Chronos wrote:
Actually Canada doesn't do that for white Americans. Canada does not give any particular preference to white people or Americans when it comes to immigration. Canada gives preference to medical doctors and grain farmers.

My first and only real girlfriend's mother was Canadian and she said she couldn't stand American immigrants because they were loud and would ask things like "Do you pay taxes to the Queen of England?" when Elizabeth II has no real power in Canada. She liked me but that's probably because I am not a redneck.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2017, 2:35 am

Chronos wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Well that's what I'm saying. Immigration and border crossing in Canada doesn't depend on skin color. White people aren't shown preference while brown people are given a hard time etc. My family is as white as they come and it's very unlikely Canada would let us immigrate. Yet when the United States finally cracks down on immigration, the conclusion is it's only because they want to keep brown people out.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2017, 2:47 am

Marknis wrote:
My first and only real girlfriend's mother was Canadian and she said she couldn't stand American immigrants because they were loud and would ask things like "Do you pay taxes to the Queen of England?" when Elizabeth II has no real power in Canada. She liked me but that's probably because I am not a redneck.

Your girlfriend's mom said Canada allows people to immigrate there without them having any knowledge of how the government or economy works? Seriously? Also I live about 90 minutes away from Canada and have been there plenty. Canadians are just as loud as everyone else, unfortunately.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2017, 3:04 am

Chronos wrote:
grain farmers.

:silent:

is there a shortage of them, or.......?

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2017, 3:29 am

Kiprobalhato wrote:
Chronos wrote:
grain farmers.

:silent:

is there a shortage of them, or.......?

Must be since they're on par with doctors.

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2017, 7:44 am

EzraS wrote:
Marknis wrote:

Your girlfriend's mom said Canada allows people to immigrate there without them having any knowledge of how the government or economy works? Seriously? Also I live about 90 minutes away from Canada and have been there plenty. Canadians are just as loud as everyone else, unfortunately.

She's not my girlfriend anymore. She actually went back to Canada with her mother when her mother and father split up. Her mother also didn't say a thing about the immigration process, just that she didn't like American immigrants as well as tourists.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2017, 4:36 pm

Marknis wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

I actually had someone who votes Republican come up and tell me "Donald Trump is making a deal with Taco Bell to create a wall burrito!" like it was supposed to be funny. :roll: Most of the rednecks who want the wall ironically don't mind buying pot from Mexican drug dealers but can you really be surprised with rednecks?

Chronos wrote:

If there was a burrito wall, I'd go down to Texas to eat through it! :lol: