Page 1 of 4 [ 58 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

skiddlebugz
Toucan
Toucan

12 Jul 2017, 4:52 pm

When I was younger I couldn't read my own handwriting. :lol:
Anyway, my handwriting is pretty good from what others have told me. I smile every time they tell me that because I practiced so much to get to where my writing is now. :)

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2017, 6:50 pm

Terrible

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2017, 7:26 pm

Not good. I print, almost all-the-time----even grocery lists----if I write a note to myself, in cursive, I sometimes can't even read it.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2017, 8:10 pm

My cursive is pretty poor but is legible ( I think ) but if I'm writing a birthday card I always print as it looks tidier. I did do a bit of calligraphy when I was younger and can make that look o.k.

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2017, 8:22 pm

I had some practice -- it's much more eligible now, and more pleasing to other else's eyes.
Except, it is now a separate style I dub as Formal style. :lol:

Informal style is my real handwriting with zero effort -- crappy, but still eligible.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

248RPA
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2017, 9:42 pm

Starts out okay, but quickly deteriorates. Sometimes, it's hard to believe that the handwriting at the beginning and end were written by the same person. I prefer to type.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2017, 9:50 pm

Not particularly fancy, but legible. Many girls had far fancier writing than mine, but people say it looks nice.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2017, 2:10 am

My print is really bad also. Lack of fine motor skills.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2017, 3:21 am

Mine has gotten bad now because I have been typing for so long, my hand now gets sore from printing. Only time I ever write is when I am writing checks or signing my name and the date or when I sign in and out at work. I could never write cursive fast or else it would be unreadable and I always had troubles reading other peoples cursive anyway I can't even read my IEP reports from early elementary school and my report cards are hard to read too. I am so glad for computers now. I would ate to see notes in my son's bag in cursive and not being able to read it. I would have to go in the next day and ask them what it says and that might have taught them to print.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2017, 3:31 am

dunno, you tell me.

normal speed, "leisurely" for me. if i'm making an art piece i'll put some care. if i'm taking notes it may be even worse.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

FromPluto
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

13 Jul 2017, 3:56 am

This seems to be a universal problem around here. I like my handwriting. But it is very peculiar.

I print with a bit of joining. The really weird thing is that I write small... tiny. With big spacing between words and lines. I also struggle to follow an invisible line on the page... Everything is uneven. I tend to go up and down to prevent my lines from taking off and hitting the line above. I would say it's more like I'm drawing than writing. Every letter is pretty unique like I did "a" or "m" or whatever for the first time but in a similar general style.

I think this partly because of my very poor sense of proprioception. I have often joked that my body and brain are not connected or on speaking terms. I grip the pen like it might run away and press either too hard or too soft.

I often wanted to get my handwriting analysed because I was sure it would show that I'm some kind of unusual person. Maybe it does.

ltcvnzl
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2017, 4:23 am

ugly and small

here if anyone wants to see

crystaltermination
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2017, 9:15 am

My handwriting was extremely neat, almost excessively neat, during my child/teen years. By my twenties it's really relaxed though, lettering is larger and looks a lot messier. I don't mind that it's got less organised however, so long as it's legible I've belatedly realised that's all that matters.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

13 Jul 2017, 9:26 am

Campin_Cat wrote:
Not good. I print, almost all-the-time----even grocery lists----if I write a note to myself, in cursive, I sometimes can't even read it.

My handwriting has gone through various phases but at least I can generally read it. I recall a time in high school when we had to use fountain pens. But I much prefer typing everything on a keyboard - have become rather lazy to write by hand!

At school when I first heard about cursive writing I used to wonder if it had anything to do with curses... seemed a strange word to me.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2017, 9:30 am

There was a period of time, between 2011-2012, when everything deteriorated badly. Sleep deprivation caused my writing and printing to go to seed. I couldn't even copy correctly. It was a bad time overall. I just wanted to end it all and relieve everyone of misery forever.

htfu
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Jul 2017, 9:32 am

cursive used to be ok in school when writing slowly, block capitals about the same speed but way more legible. since i have been using a computer for work the handwriting has deteriorated massively, cursive has become almost illegible if i am writing quickly and the block capitals have become pretty bad too.