Page 2 of 4 [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

htfu
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Jul 2017, 9:32 am

cursive used to be ok in school when writing slowly, block capitals about the same speed but way more legible. since i have been using a computer for work the handwriting has deteriorated massively, cursive has become almost illegible if i am writing quickly and the block capitals have become pretty bad too.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2017, 12:34 pm

Mine is literally clinically bad.

This_Amoeba
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2017, 12:51 pm

It's sloppy, and I've been told it looks like a child's handwriting, which is odd because I'm a decent drawer.

komamanga
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2017, 1:53 pm

I'm kinda neat, but only after slowly rewriting the same pages over and over again, until it looks like something like this:

Victor1985
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

14 Jul 2017, 6:23 am

Thats neat. Mine is neat, not in a graceful way but a painstaking and slow way. It hurts my hand a lot though, I'm left handed and I hold the pen in a really, really awkward way. It made school difficult.

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2017, 7:09 am

Mine was neat and well formed as a child and onward, but then I think two factors had something to do with that: one was that I was precocious in drawing and sketching well, so it would seem that I had good fine motor skills because of my ability for art, which inherently needs good control.

The second factor was that my school pounded cursive into us as if it was as important a lesson as mathematics. Seriously, almost as soon as we learned our letters at all, we were started in with these cards full of printed cursive that we were made to copy for an entire page, like writing lines Bart Simpson style.

There were cards with something that looked like the infinity symbol upended and flowingly repeated, and we had to duplicate it. Because I already had an eye for "drawing" what I saw and doing it well, it was easy for me to copy these cursive cards and exercise that skill until the movements were part of my brain.

I went on to actually find writing well to be a pleasurable pursuit I took pride in, almost like a special interest very close in nature to drawing too.

I suspect artistic people might more often have flowing, good handwriting as an extension of their ability to draw, though obviously this won't apply to every artist.

Lately in my older years I'm having mental and physical health problems, my hands are tired and stiff, and my handwriting has become a scrawl, but I attribute that to my immediate problems.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2017, 7:37 am

Kiprobalhato wrote:
dunno, you tell me.

To be honest if I didn't know the song I would of struggled with some of the words , I am not 100% sure what the underlined sentence is either.

ltcvnzl wrote:
ugly and small

here if anyone wants to see

I just see nice handwriting in another language

komamanga wrote:
I'm kinda neat, but only after slowly rewriting the same pages over and over again, until it looks like something like this:

yep , very neat

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2017, 9:27 am

I have been told I have a nice signature. I don't have particularly fancy writing, but at least I actually write out my name, unlike a lot of people, who replace a signature with a few scratch marks. They must think they're rock stars or other famous types. For goodness sake, people, write your names so I can read them. I have a long, mixed European ethnic name and, as the old joke goes, I can get writer's cramp if I sign it multiple times a day.

skiddlebugz
Toucan
Toucan

14 Jul 2017, 10:25 am

I'm seeing people talking about cursive. I'll tell you that part of my writing isn't that great to be honest. I never really got taught how to do cursive in school. It was only for about a week or two in elementary that I was taught how. The real embarrassing part is that i'm 18 and still don't know how to write a k in cursive. :oops:

Victor1985
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

14 Jul 2017, 12:45 pm

This is the first time I've even heard of it to be honest. They taught us how to write capitals and joined-up, and thats all. It was a pretty low-frills education I had.

Butterfly88
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2017, 1:03 pm

My handwriting is pretty bad.

CharityGoodyGrace
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2017, 1:23 pm

My writing is legible when I need it to be, but illegible when I'm just writing notes to myself, because it takes extra effort sometimes to make it legible.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2017, 6:06 pm

I was skipped over the grade where kids first learned cursive. Mine is pretty bad, so, like my aspie mom, I almost always print, none too neatly. However, if I try, I can do a simple calligraphic style for cards or signs, using faint guide lines and a practice layout.

aspieff14
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Jul 2017, 9:27 pm

My handwriting and signature are down right bad, even my printing is so bad I have to decode it for others. I get told my writing resembles hieroglyphics or a doctor's prescription pad writing. I am very glad that here in the states, patient charting is computerized and very little is hand written charting, unlike when I started in EMS almost 20 years ago. Hand written charting took me forever due to having to be neat in my writing.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 127 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 87 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2017, 10:18 pm

When I was younger, my handwriting was very large and messy. But now I can make it very neat if I want to.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2017, 3:13 pm

Mine is actually pretty good. Which according to some people must be some kind of miracle because I'm left-handed.