Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2017, 3:42 pm

*delete if inappropriate*

Today I tried to kill myself. Got sent home when they determined my OD was not going to kill me. They just want me to follow up with my caseworker in a couple of days.

The same old crap... I've been in the er for depression almost 20 times within the last few months... I'm getting tired of feeling this way and wishing someone would do something about it.

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

FINALLY diagnosed with ASD 2/6/2020

CharityGoodyGrace
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2017, 4:31 am

I can relate. When I was depressed I had to malinger a little to get help.

Did they not give you meds/change your meds or anything?

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2017, 11:30 am

They're basically saying I'm autistic without giving me the official label... They said I'm like this because I have poor social skills and don't know how to get along with other people, then I get myself and others upset. Meds will not help with my meltdowns either, I need to learn how to control.

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

FINALLY diagnosed with ASD 2/6/2020

CharityGoodyGrace
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2017, 1:08 pm

OMG, those BASTARDS. Whether or not that is true, you are depressed; you have feelings and you need treatment for the depression that happened for WHATEVER reason. What a bunch of as*holes.

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2017, 5:00 pm

I can relate and am currently an inpatient at a psych ward as I checked myself in a few weeks ago instead of chosing to hang myself. I literally had to beg them to admit me as I was at my absolute maximum that I could cope with at the time. Am doing much better now that I got the appropriate help.

I can understand the frustration of going many years without an autism diagnosis and suffered with chronic depression and chronic suicidal ideation as well as meltdowns. What you really need is to be formally assessed for autism to finally have your behaviour understood in reference to autism and the appropriate suppport.