Jesus is the way and that way is the Gnostic Christian way.

Page 1 of 4 [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2017, 6:51 pm

Jesus is the way and that way is the Gnostic Christian way. Not Christianity’s way.

Isaiah 56:11) "They are shepherds who have no understanding; They have all turned to their own way, each on to his unjust gain, to the last one" But do not despair, for the day of judgment is at hand, for the day of judgment and the day of the LORD occupy the same time frame. All the dross will be burned away. (Zech 13:9) & (Malachi 3:3). In that day, "you will distinguish between the righteous and the wicked" (Malachi 3:18)

Luke 11:52 Woe unto you, lawyers! for ye have taken away the key of knowledge: ye entered not in yourselves, and them that were entering in ye hindered.

Mark 7:13 Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

The Luke and Mark quotes are referring to the following.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

For an extended view of that from my favorite philosopher. ----

You will note that the bible teaches Jesus’ way and Gnostic Christianity follows that good way, yet the church never teaches Jesus’ true way.

Why is Christianity ignoring and even hiding the only worthy Jesus and the teachings of his way?

Regards
DL

shlaifu
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2017, 7:22 pm

Hmm. As an atheist, I can only provide an outsider's view on your religion.
But it seems to me, that Jesus was quite the revolutionary, and a preacher of what today, someone like me might consider a doomsday cult, in a lot of ways.
Judgement day is at hand, and so on.
Giving away all possessions.
And doesn't he at some point say: if you love your parents, you can not be my follower.

So, to me that looks like he tried to create a brutal break between the culture he was living in, and the culture he was preaching.
But whatever he was preaching needed not be sustainable, since judgement day was at hand.

For a church, a culture, that creates tremenduous problems.
We can't just all give our possessions away, all the time. That's no way to run a country/culture/ even just a family. We'd be invaded by neighbouring countries faster than we could convert them, which would lead to the end of our culture and religion quickly.
A judgement day around the corner sounds like a good threat to pressure people into obedience, but it doesn't get people to plant crops. So, the time frame of "at hand" needs to be loosened, otherwise your society starves and goes under, too.

So, maybe there were some groups that gave away everything, and expected the end of the world around next tuesday.
But this is not a way to keep a society going for millennia, so, ... Those groups, as entities, just didn't make it
They sat in the desert and waited for the rapture and died of dehydration.

The church was a body built in a way so it could survive and keep surviving.
It split and got fractioned, but those splinter-churches are again churches that are all built to last- or they may go under quickly.

It's not easy to build a social structure that survives this long. - but it sounds to me, jesus wasn't really planning on 60 generations anyway, rather than judgement day next week.

Sorry for my blasphemy, but if you subtract "belief" and "truth", and treat christianity rather as a cogent social structure, it appears like there's some simple explanations for some things.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2017, 12:01 am

I hit a pretty pensive spell tonight, exhaustingly so. The good news - I think something beautiful came of it.

I think - regardless of the bum-raping and poop flinging that you might get sick of looking at every time you step out your front door (or for those unlucky enough - in your own house as well, thank fate I'm not in that number), go to the store, drive to work, all the sights and sounds of bonobo screeching by things you're amazed can speak a human language let alone manage to at least pretend holding enough organized thoughts together to be able to hold a job and at least get a C- as something trying to be civilized - the boiler plate that you can't scrape away, that undergirds all of this absurdity, is that the love of God isn't just in every fiber and atom of your being but quite literally is every fiber and atom of your being.

That remains true regardless of how bad the politics, regardless of how awful the chimp-screeching coming out of parliament, capital hill, corporatist media, how big a doody they make or how bad it smells.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2017, 12:59 am

shlaifu wrote:
Sorry for my blasphemy, but if you subtract "belief" and "truth", and treat christianity rather as a cogent social structure, it appears like there's some simple explanations for some things.

Judao-Christianity is a ridiculously deep structure and it has as many contrasting corners and synchronistic hairpin turns placed there by the varying dispositions of the people who collectively coagulated and interpolated its texts as you would find in the whole patchwork quilt of near-East pagan mysteries that comprise it. I caught my first real interest in tearing into that when I noticed just how striking the 12's and 7's in the bible were as well as the degree of importance that the seven Elohim and four faces of the cherubim were given. While I don't know that Manly P Hall is the best exponent for all of the factual fine details (he worked out his understanding of astrotheology before the Great Depression) he definitely had a knack for getting his head inside of the logic and really tying a lot of its overtures back to similar ideas that were found in the Egyptian and Babylonian mysteries as well as their location in even purer form than in Christianity by the way of Alexandrian Hermeticism and Neoplatonism.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

traven
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2017, 3:40 am

The personality of Jesus is somewhat very molded after Socrates and also Zoroaster, somewhat it's the best compass to be found, as it's combining much of older thoughtstructures, but also taken over and/or as construct of continued 'organised religion' of blody rituals of scapegoat sacrifice in order to maintain organised cohesion.
(contemporainly a tv-director spoke about selling the 'available human brain time')

I wondered, the christian martyrs in Rome was that a publicity move, well it seems overexaggerated for publicity-purposes, that's found by others too (+ that's 1 old methods of sjw-fishing with sadistic graphicking)
martyrs, oh the old ways of old and cults
y know throwing blood on a pole in expectation to get what you want
two headed things, two headed gods, Janus, i remember it was being said to be a later old god before the change for monotheism, it would've been an etruscan deity, etcetera but this wikipage is a bigger salad than mine, so idk that

on topic - see it's optic hardship to imagine a way being represented by a dead end street (cross)

or as a role-model for sacrificing slash being sacrificed while saying it's the end of that, yeah when you role the time up backward maybe, bits on sticks
this one's much better though

mindcontrol & manipulation wasn't invented yesterday

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2017, 1:02 pm

shlaifu wrote:
Hmm. As an atheist, I can only provide an outsider's view on your religion.
But it seems to me, that Jesus was quite the revolutionary, and a preacher of what today, someone like me might consider a doomsday cult, in a lot of ways.
Judgement day is at hand, and so on.
Giving away all possessions.
And doesn't he at some point say: if you love your parents, you can not be my follower.

So, to me that looks like he tried to create a brutal break between the culture he was living in, and the culture he was preaching.
But whatever he was preaching needed not be sustainable, since judgement day was at hand.

For a church, a culture, that creates tremenduous problems.
We can't just all give our possessions away, all the time. That's no way to run a country/culture/ even just a family. We'd be invaded by neighbouring countries faster than we could convert them, which would lead to the end of our culture and religion quickly.
A judgement day around the corner sounds like a good threat to pressure people into obedience, but it doesn't get people to plant crops. So, the time frame of "at hand" needs to be loosened, otherwise your society starves and goes under, too.

So, maybe there were some groups that gave away everything, and expected the end of the world around next tuesday.
But this is not a way to keep a society going for millennia, so, ... Those groups, as entities, just didn't make it
They sat in the desert and waited for the rapture and died of dehydration.

The church was a body built in a way so it could survive and keep surviving.
It split and got fractioned, but those splinter-churches are again churches that are all built to last- or they may go under quickly.

It's not easy to build a social structure that survives this long. - but it sounds to me, jesus wasn't really planning on 60 generations anyway, rather than judgement day next week.

Interesting POV. Thanks.

I do not think we have to worry about Christians doing what Jesus said they should do.

Both Christianity and Islam have basically developed into intolerant, homophobic and misogynous religions. Both religions have grown themselves by the sword instead of good deeds and continue with their immoral ways in spite of secular law showing them the moral ways.

Jesus said we would know his people by their works and deeds. That means Jesus would not recognize Christians and Muslims as his people, and neither do I. Jesus would call Christianity and Islam abominations.

Gnostic Christians did in the past, and I am proudly continuing that tradition and honest irrefutable evaluation.

Regards
DL

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2017, 1:05 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
I hit a pretty pensive spell tonight, exhaustingly so. The good news - I think something beautiful came of it.

I think - regardless of the bum-raping and poop flinging that you might get sick of looking at every time you step out your front door (or for those unlucky enough - in your own house as well, thank fate I'm not in that number), go to the store, drive to work, all the sights and sounds of bonobo screeching by things you're amazed can speak a human language let alone manage to at least pretend holding enough organized thoughts together to be able to hold a job and at least get a C- as something trying to be civilized - the boiler plate that you can't scrape away, that undergirds all of this absurdity, is that the love of God isn't just in every fiber and atom of your being but quite literally is every fiber and atom of your being.

That remains true regardless of how bad the politics, regardless of how awful the chimp-screeching coming out of parliament, capital hill, corporatist media, how big a doody they make or how bad it smells.

Love takes two to form a true love.

Absentee Gods are impossible to love as reciprocity, which creates a true love, is not there.

Regards
DL

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2017, 1:12 pm

traven wrote:

mindcontrol & manipulation wasn't invented yesterday

Indeed.

The Noble Lie is quite old. Things will not changer much until we repeal that mind killing law that has us respecting religions that do not deserve our respect.

Regards
DL

BuyerBeware
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 10:20 am

What, you mean to tell me it takes more than blind obedience to an Earthly authority to know God??

Nah man, I've left more than one church before I got thrown out over questioning the Scriptures...

Yes, I'm being sarcastic...

I don't even mind (too much) that there is an entire body of Scripture that the RCC found counterproductive to maintaining the Empire in the face of collapse, or that the Protestant branch of the family can't be bothered to consider it for themselves.

I'd be happy if they'd just stop cherry-picking the canonical Scriptures verse-by-verse...

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 10:46 am

BuyerBeware wrote:
What, you mean to tell me it takes more than blind obedience to an Earthly authority to know God??

Nah man, I've left more than one church before I got thrown out over questioning the Scriptures...

Yes, I'm being sarcastic...

I don't even mind (too much) that there is an entire body of Scripture that the RCC found counterproductive to maintaining the Empire in the face of collapse, or that the Protestant branch of the family can't be bothered to consider it for themselves.

I'd be happy if they'd just stop cherry-picking the canonical Scriptures verse-by-verse...

While cursing us who also cheery pick quotes that refute whatever the issue is.

I can live with lack of intelligence in a reply but have a hard time with hypocrisy.

Regards
DL

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 7:14 pm

GnosticBishop wrote:

Absentee Gods are impossible to love as reciprocity, which creates a true love, is not there.

If you're a single neuron or atom in the biggest sponge, or even biggest beagle, in the universe it wouldn't make much sense either.

Chichikov
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 7:22 pm

GnosticBishop wrote:
Both Christianity and Islam have basically developed into intolerant, homophobic and misogynous religions.

You said that in another thread and when I challenged you on it you provided zero proof to back up your accusations. Why are you repeating those accusations when you know they're not true?

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 7:22 pm

I do have to argue one thing (@OP) - 'gnosis' is the idea that you can essentially be saved by a combination of knowledge and its effects on one's mental, spiritual, and physiological evolution. I don't just mean liberation from material or folk folly but quite literally the idea that Buddha gave pause to, that you could live right enough to either not have to touch ground here again after death or that you might even be able to have the initiate's funeral in which, after you've learned to master matter with your mind, you can create a false dead-body, those who love you can have a funeral, and you can essentially continue along you're path toward nirvana/paranirvana without even facing death.

Lavey can call CoS satanism but it's really atheism that likes the symbolism and ritual. It would be a similar case for one to state adamantly that they're a gnostic and at the same time insist that they're a reductive materialist.

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 8:07 am

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
GnosticBishop wrote:

If you're a single neuron or atom in the biggest sponge, or even biggest beagle, in the universe it wouldn't make much sense either.

I am neither of those and cannot know how they think.

Strange that you can. Is that telepathy you use?

Regards
DL

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 8:16 am

Chichikov wrote:
GnosticBishop wrote:
Both Christianity and Islam have basically developed into intolerant, homophobic and misogynous religions.

You said that in another thread and when I challenged you on it you provided zero proof to back up your accusations. Why are you repeating those accusations when you know they're not true?

If you do not recognize the truth I put, that is your problem. Try google and come up with an argument against if you like.

Both religions are exactly what I put as they are slave holding ideologies which have discriminated against gays and women forever.

Try this for a start if you cannot google.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqN8EYI ... re=related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSMcQqa0lvo&t=5s

Regards
DL

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 8:34 am

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
Quote:
I do have to argue one thing (@OP) - 'gnosis' is the idea that you can essentially be saved by a combination of knowledge and its effects on one's mental, spiritual, and physiological evolution.

Your description of Gnosis is close but not quite right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9QI3nlinYQ

Saved is a word I would not use as then I would have to recognized I was condemned and that is not something that happens. Being condemned and needing saving is just a religious way of getting more money out of the sheeple.

The only thing a Gnostic Christian needs saving from is poor thinking and other corrupted religions like Christianity that deliberately murdered us and burned our scriptures so as to silence our intelligent moral theology so that Christians could more easily continue to adore a genocidal son murdering prick of a God.

Quote:
I don't just mean liberation from material or folk folly but quite literally the idea that Buddha gave pause to, that you could live right enough to either not have to touch ground here again after death or that you might even be able to have the initiate's funeral in which, after you've learned to master matter with your mind, you can create a false dead-body, those who love you can have a funeral, and you can essentially continue along you're path toward nirvana/paranirvana without even facing death.

That demands supernatural beliefs and Gnostic Christians are firmly in reality and have no supernatural beliefs.

Lavey can call CoS satanism but it's really atheism that likes the symbolism and ritual. It would be a similar case for one to state adamantly that they're a gnostic and at the same time insist that they're a reductive materialist.

Your last is a poorly know label but if I read it correctly, on an individual level, it could be said that all we can know is in our minds. Here is how the Gnostic Christian text says it.

Gnostic Jesus was questioned as to what sees the vision?

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline ... /mary.html

The Saviour answered and said, 'He does not see through the soul nor through the spirit, but the mind which [is] between the two - that is [what] sees the vision...'

For where the mind is, there is the treasure.

Regards
DL