Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2017, 9:07 pm

karathraceandherspecialdestiny wrote:
TheSpectrum wrote:
TheSpectrum wrote:
TheSpectrum: it is telling that you see the suggestion of seeing a therapist as an insult.

May I ask that you not alter the very short and concise meanings of my posts?
"Telling someone to seek therapy is often a condescending remark if there is little to warrant it" is NOT "I Think that...blablabla". I'm saying it is often used as a condescending remark on forums such as this and elsewhere...because it is. I'm not on about how I see it, but how others have used such words. I have also attended some therapy in the past. Perhaps I'm paranoid, but then again I'm forming an opinion based on my experiences on the site.

@Aaendi - Daniel Radcliffe is definitely regurgitating some Nice Guy TM talking points, I can't say they're entirely without merit but can see how they come across as obnoxious.

It is paranoid, and strikes me as disproportionately defensive (as the OP struck me as disproportionately angry), because you are assuming I meant to hurt this guy when I really meant to say I have been there and this is what helped me, maybe it can help you. Who really has the agenda here?

Did you seriously not see the part where I said I also have attended therapy? Anyways we are not helping this user, and the methodology of how you respond to other users is giving your main account's identity away.

What's a "main account identity"? Are you calling me a sock-puppet?

I think talking about how therapy has helped us could potentially be very beneficial to the OP. I really don't understand why people have responded to me this way on this forum. I thought I had found a place full of people who finally might understand me and who I might understand, but it turns out that place is as full of toxic angry people as everywhere else in the world. :(

You're fooling no one with the victim card and you're derailing a lot of threads. Play nice, stop projecting your problems onto others and stick to using your main account. I have nothing more to say, and much like your main account, I grant you the last word.

SwissPagan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Jul 2017, 9:55 pm

you are putting a lot of weight on what Radcliffe says. f**k em. if you don't like him, ignore him, being famous doesn't give anyone a monopoly on the truth.

the metric is perpetuated as long as you participate in it.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2017, 7:53 am

Fight you lot! I hate peace!

SwissPagan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Jul 2017, 8:09 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:
Fight you lot! I hate peace!

I just gave my two cents and left, none of us are going to meet Radcliffe in person, so why give a damn what he thinks?

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2017, 3:39 pm

Aaendi wrote:
I don't think Daniel Radcliffe is unworthy to date, I just hate when people say "oh those friend zoned guys are just whining about sex."

Well unless they are are asexual they want a sexual relationship with that woman, as part of a standard relationship or not.

So even if we accept the concept of friend zone there is no moral high ground here. They aren't any better. They are still whining about someones personal choice. They clearly have no interest in being friends with women they find attractive.

I would say most of the time people talk of being in friend zone they probably weren't ever considered a suitable mate to that person.

It is true that confidence helps, but there is broadly two types of confidence: First the fake flashy confidence which is good only for encounters, unless they are dating someone equally superficial. This is a facade to mask over their insecurities. The second is someone who is comfortable with who they are. It is not that faking confidence never has any value, however it can backfire if done badly and the objective is to build actual confidence.

The reality is people tend not to date people who they suspect will be hard work. There are people who like drama, and if that is your thing they make this fairly obvious. However most people at least want to be easy going and wnat someone who is not going to be neurotic.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2017, 5:06 pm

0_equals_true wrote:
"Friend zoning" is a stupid concept. It implies that these people would have had a chance if they acted earlier. While it could be the case it is more likely they were never in the running. So either way it is a non-concept. It applies just as much to guys.

I'm not a fan of the feminist community, but that is a separate issue.

What is definitely true is bitterness and resentment is very unattractive. It is a massive drag to be around someone like that.

I have found very often that it is not only the bitterness and resentment as traits that are unattractive, but people with those problems tend to take it out on those close to them.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2017, 11:22 pm

0_equals_true wrote:
Well unless they are are asexual they want a sexual relationship with that woman, as part of a standard relationship or not.

Oh my gawd stop treating women as sex objects! /sarcasm