Men's Looks Matter More Than Women Admit, Study Shows

Page 5 of 8 [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 9:32 am

Google a picture of Lyle Lovett sometime. Determine whether this guy would have trouble getting chicks.

The fact is: the guy has NO trouble getting chicks.

Closet Genious
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 9:41 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Google a picture of Lyle Lovett sometime. Determine whether this guy would have trouble getting chicks.

The fact is: the guy has NO trouble getting chicks.

I don't doubt it. The guy is rich and succesful.
In my opinion, money and status raises a mans value more so than looks.

....but I should probably let it rest now, before more people get mad at me. Let's all agree to disagree. :)

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 9:59 am

Not a bad idea. But I still don't feel one should be stunted by the biological viewpoint.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 10:14 am

No one can maintain a 6 pack of abs without doing anything...some people are more genetically apt to stay skinny without doing anything, but they aren't going to have a six pack unless they work at it.

And as for an earlier point I have always preferred looks, personality and common interests...not status and wealth, those things don't make a person. A relationship with someone with a bunch of status and wealth that I didn't find attractive and who's personality I don't enjoy doesn't sound appealing at all.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 10:22 am

A model with bad breath is much worse than a farmer-girl with candy breath.

Closet Genious
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 10:42 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
No one can maintain a 6 pack of abs without doing anything...some people are more genetically apt to stay skinny without doing anything, but they aren't going to have a six pack unless they work at it.

And as for an earlier point I have always preferred looks, personality and common interests...not status and wealth, those things don't make a person. A relationship with someone with a bunch of status and wealth that I didn't find attractive and who's personality I don't enjoy doesn't sound appealing at all.

Anyone would get fat if they ate 20.000 calories a day, that's a given.
When we talk about good genetics in the bodybuilding and fitness community, besides a fast metabolism, it has do with muscle insertions, and how the body stores fat. Some people will have visible abs at 13-14% bodyfat, while others will have to get as low as 7% for them show, and even then they might not be as visible as one would like them to be. And let me tell you, the difference in effort required getting to 7% compared to 14%, is tremendous.

Can I ask you a question? You may say that, but have you ever dated someone who earned less than you? and simultaneously had a smaller social circle? I find that alot of women are good at talking the talk, but when it comes to walking the walk, it's quite a different story. Please don't get offended, I am just curious. I am getting tired of unnecessary personal attacks. :)

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 11:58 am

Closet Genious wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

Anyone would get fat if they ate 20.000 calories a day, that's a given.
When we talk about good genetics in the bodybuilding and fitness community, besides a fast metabolism, it has do with muscle insertions, and how the body stores fat. Some people will have visible abs at 13-14% bodyfat, while others will have to get as low as 7% for them show, and even then they might not be as visible as one would like them to be. And let me tell you, the difference in effort required getting to 7% compared to 14%, is tremendous.

Can I ask you a question? You may say that, but have you ever dated someone who earned less than you? and simultaneously had a smaller social circle? I find that alot of women are good at talking the talk, but when it comes to walking the walk, it's quite a different story. Please don't get offended, I am just curious. I am getting tired of unnecessary personal attacks. :)

I've been on SSI disability for the past few years and unable to work, so I suspect I have earned less than most guys I've dated and or been led on by but certainly not the case with all. I did date a guy who was also on SSI disability, a guy who was living at his moms and either not earning anything really or getting unemployment(not sure) either way it appeared to be less than I got at the time, and also one who was on unemployment with some help from his parents.

Also some people can certainly achieve a 6 pack easier than others, but they'd still have to do some working out of those muscles...unless they have a regular job where those muscles get worked out doing the work. Like I suspect if my boyfriend wanted to achieve a visible 6 pack he'd have a harder time than my brother who's much skinnier.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 11:59 am

I'll never "achieve" a six-pack in my life.

I used to work out 7 days a week---both cardio and weightlifting. I did marathons. I didn't even come close.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 11:35 pm

Closet Genious wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
Ok I'm out. The reasoning on this thread is very circular.

Well there's not really a whole lot to discuss, facts are facts.

I think we all agree that looks, money and status are the three things women are most attracted too. Which of the three is most important is where we disagree.

Indeed. I see woman after woman demand a guy have a good job, car and own place. I'm just like yeah you and every other woman on the planet but there's not enough of those guys around. I'd wager only about maybe half the worlds population of men have all those. Any wonder their single year after year. If they dropped those demands I bet they'd find nice guys to love them. But guess they'd rather be unhappy single then date guys below them.

I'm ugly, poor on ssi and don't have status due to being aspie. Well except the looks is all due to being aspie. The very few women who pay any attention to me just led me on for fun.

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 12:15 am

Sweetleaf wrote:

You think this kid really exercises?

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQBvQi8OyEATqXWJnioU9ElVd9HLkFKwAvYyXEWRR1pRQKfqMer

Honestly, a lot, but not all, young males naturally have 6 packs. They might be a little active, eg. They ride bike with their friends, skateboard, parkour, surf swim, etc. But they usually don't have an organized exercise plan or healthy diet. They just wing it.

Some of them work for it but others are naturally this way.

I've seen this way too much to be coincidence.

Skinny guys with six pack abs and yeah, they might play football r soccer, or tennis, whatever, they're active a few days a week, I ask them about gym related stuff like diet, routine, macros and they don't give a sh*t about that stuff.

If all I did was play football, do parkour with friends and binge on fast food and energy drinks like them, I'd look like absolute sh*t.

Right in front f me they'll be eating unhealthy fast food and drinking energy drinks and they'll do it often.

Skinny guy I knew in high school, won the 1600m race on sports day, probably the schools best long distance runner, every day he's be drinking red bulls and eating hotdogs and burgers from the canteen.

Blessed bastards who can eat what they want and stay 10% body fat.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2017, 10:02 am

Outrider wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

You think this kid really exercises?

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQBvQi8OyEATqXWJnioU9ElVd9HLkFKwAvYyXEWRR1pRQKfqMer

Honestly, a lot, but not all, young males naturally have 6 packs. They might be a little active, eg. They ride bike with their friends, skateboard, parkour, surf swim, etc. But they usually don't have an organized exercise plan or healthy diet. They just wing it.

Some of them work for it but others are naturally this way.

I've seen this way too much to be coincidence.

Skinny guys with six pack abs and yeah, they might play football r soccer, or tennis, whatever, they're active a few days a week, I ask them about gym related stuff like diet, routine, macros and they don't give a sh*t about that stuff.

If all I did was play football, do parkour with friends and binge on fast food and energy drinks like them, I'd look like absolute sh*t.

Right in front f me they'll be eating unhealthy fast food and drinking energy drinks and they'll do it often.

Skinny guy I knew in high school, won the 1600m race on sports day, probably the schools best long distance runner, every day he's be drinking red bulls and eating hotdogs and burgers from the canteen.

Blessed bastards who can eat what they want and stay 10% body fat.

That picture doesn't really show what I think of when I think of a well toned 6 pack...that is a picture of someone so skinny you can just sorta see the abs, I guess that isn't really what I was thinking of. Yes to have visible abs some people don't have to do much of anything, but for well toned abs yeah they aren't just going to get that way on your own unless you regularly do activities either intentionally or unintentionally that excercise those muscles.

I mean hell I can see my abs, and I certainly wouldn't say I have a very toned mid-section, just skinny.

MushroomPrincess
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Jul 2017, 10:40 am

Let's be real: Looks matter. Period. This is true whether you're male, female, nonbinary, genderless, or a robot from the planet Cybertron. We've all just gotta do what we can with what God gave us. Take that rough hunk of quartz and make it sparkle.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2017, 11:05 am

In my case, it's gypsum LOL

I wish I was as gleaming as quartz :wink:

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2017, 1:55 pm

MushroomPrincess wrote:
Let's be real: Looks matter. Period. This is true whether you're male, female, nonbinary, genderless, or a robot from the planet Cybertron. We've all just gotta do what we can with what God gave us. Take that rough hunk of quartz and make it sparkle.

Good, you're honest - I like that, this how all women should be, honest like you on these matters without claiming too much unbelievable idealism.

But what do you think of the ladies' posts here: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=347074

Honestly? I think most of those posters there are in denial and probably don't want to dig into their subconscious. This amount of idealism they're talking about and claiming to have is really inhuman, it makes it so impossible to believe them.
The study mentioned in the OP was actually made to test this proclaimed idealism among many women, and the other thread is a fine example of this proclaimed idealism in my opinion.

Closet Genious
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2017, 2:40 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
MushroomPrincess wrote:

Good, you're honest - I like that, this how all women should be, honest like you on these matters without claiming too much unbelievable idealism.

But what do you think of the ladies' posts here: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=347074

Honestly? I think most of those posters there are in denial and probably don't want to dig into their subconscious. This amount of idealism they're talking about and claiming to have is really inhuman, it makes it so impossible to believe them.
The study mentioned in the OP was actually made to test this proclaimed idealism among many women, and the other thread is a fine example of this proclaimed idealism in my opinion.

This is what tends to annoy me a bit, it's not the reality of things, it's the idealism/denial.

karathraceandherspecialdestiny
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2017, 2:45 pm

It sounds like no matter what certain men hear from women directly about women's own thoughts and feelings, they just assume the women are always lying or don't even understand their own minds and feelings. Which isn't at all condescending and misogynistic. :roll: