Is it weird that web articles bother me more than real life?

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Aaendi
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Jul 2017, 8:09 pm

No matter how many girls I date, I can't help but get mad whenever I find misandrist dating articles because they remind me of how much s**t I had to go through just to get my first date. Google seems to like pushing these articles in my face. I start typing "Nintendo" and as soon as I type "Ni", google pulls up "Nice Guys finish last". Thanks a lot Google for reminding me about all this crap. Google, you sure make it easy for me to forget my worries!

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2017, 8:14 pm

I don't know what that feels like too much, but can say that it sounds like the Internet stuff is more of an "icing" to the cake that are your frustrations with the dating scene. Neither more frustrating than the other but both continue to perpetuate what you're going through.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2017, 3:03 am

I think it depends on your search history.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2017, 8:12 am

Real life is more....real.

SwissPagan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Jul 2017, 8:23 am

just date anywhere but here, the metrics of our culture have either become too commercialized, too superficial or too toxic to really be able to level with people. but its how this country is set up. look at our politics and how that is now identity.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2017, 9:35 am

A lot of articles on the net are quite toxic and ugly-and best avoided like the plague. I like to read positive articles about inspirational people, listen to fun music and watch cat videos. I don't like to get angry or upset or wind up with a queasy stomach.

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2017, 11:02 am

IstominFan wrote:
A lot of articles on the net are quite toxic and ugly-and best avoided like the plague. I like to read positive articles about inspirational people, listen to fun music and watch cat videos. I don't like to get angry or upset or wind up with a queasy stomach.

Yeah. What he said. ^^

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2017, 5:08 pm

Autistics have the tendency to obsess.

Don't get sucked into negativity.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

C2V
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2017, 12:02 am

I get sucked into reading dating advice stuff out of sheer morbid curiosity - and clickbait. Endless clickbait. And they're all awful. I really hope the real dating world isn't this awful if I'm ever not too much of a walking dealbreaker to date again. You're better off than some of us dude. :wink:

Copelandia
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

30 Jul 2017, 12:39 pm

C2V wrote:
I get sucked into reading dating advice stuff out of sheer morbid curiosity - and clickbait. Endless clickbait. And they're all awful. I really hope the real dating world isn't this awful if I'm ever not too much of a walking dealbreaker to date again. You're better off than some of us dude. :wink:

Yep.

This blog is particularly awful:

http://www.baggagereclaim.co.uk/

Highly toxic, judgemental, 'go girl' attitude that is just all wrong and doesn't take the other persons perspective into account.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2017, 9:33 pm

I hate those articles with titles such as "10 Dating Things You've Been Doing Wrong All Your Life," and similar ones. One more reminder I messed something up.

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2017, 11:39 pm

XFilesGeek wrote:
Autistics have the tendency to obsess.
I've been thinking about that a lot lately and wondering if it is as true as claimed.