Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2017, 2:48 pm

Can an aspie successfully work customer service at a bank?

I've had the same bank for 7 years and have been really happy with them and kept them even when I've been moving aro0und.

Where I live now, there is a very small branch of the bank in a department store nearby. I've been in there a few times when I had an issue with direct deposit and also changing my bank account number.

They now have a job opening requiring my level of education. Calling the bank to ask a couple of questions the lady recognized me and she was like "you applied? I wish you good luck!" Would this be a standard response, or could they already like me? :D

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

FINALLY diagnosed with ASD 2/6/2020

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2017, 2:54 pm

That was quick... I got informed they want to interview me by text almost immediatly after I made this topic 8O

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

FINALLY diagnosed with ASD 2/6/2020

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

17 Jul 2017, 3:49 am

That's good. I hope the interview went well & you get the job.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

SocOfAutism
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2017, 8:35 am

Let us know how it goes! When I was a young girl I wanted to work at a bank. Maybe part of me still does. It's always so cool and calm in banks. It looks like a pleasant job. And who doesn't like counting money? Like playing Monopoly all day!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2017, 8:52 am

You like the bank. You've had good experiences with the bank.

Working at the bank should work out quite well for you.

Good luck!

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2017, 9:06 pm

Can an aspie successfully work customer service at a bank?

I've had the same bank for 7 years and have been really happy with them and kept them even when I've been moving aro0und.

Where I live now, there is a very small branch of the bank in a department store nearby. I've been in there a few times when I had an issue with direct deposit and also changing my bank account number.

They now have a job opening requiring my level of education. Calling the bank to ask a couple of questions the lady recognized me and she was like "you applied? I wish you good luck!" Would this be a standard response, or could they already like me? :D

the world contains plenty of Aspies. the world contains plenty of employees that work customer service at banks.

certainly there have to be at least 2 autistics that work customer service at banks, in the entire world.

"can," "should", and "will" are all different things.

Aspies are all different from eachother. just b/c one Aspie can do something does not mean another Aspie can do the same thing.

you do not know how the lady responded to other job applicants. so you do not know and cannot know the standard response.

besides the lady might not be the one deciding whom to hire.

Empathy
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2017, 8:08 pm

Angnix wrote:
there is a very small branch of the bank in a department store nearby. I've been in there a few times when I had an issue with direct deposit and also changing my bank account number.

That was quick... I got informed they want to interview me by text almost immediatly after I made this topic 8O

So..your as aspie who's good with numbers? sing, print and paint by numbers? I once knew a branch which had problems with issuing blank cheques. The cashier said sorry, this cash desk is closing and the branch is set to shut down, we have too many Roman Numerals getting stuck in deposit here so China are buying us out.
Next thing you know they've re-opened down another side street in a poorer area of Whoopieville handing out blank cheques with dollars on, this time its Lincoln state county solicitors that have swarmed them out.
On that note, fewer British banks are closing on the imaginary surplus agreement that states Chinas index has a higher footfall than our own sweepstakes, so are now leaving well known brands in place.
No more need for reinvestment in old business bank clientele.
Good luck with the blank cheques and timeshares..hopefully they won't be out of wifi signal when you get there. :mrgreen:

Scorpius14
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2017, 2:56 pm

when u said bank job, i was thinking heist like in gta v, though even if that were the case i'd join u

Empathy
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2017, 4:48 pm

Scorpius14 wrote:
when u said bank job, i was thinking heist like in gta v, though even if that were the case i'd join u

That would seem like more fun than its actually worth, and besides,I don't think she meant Patrick Swayze running good errands and joint deeds, someone put themselves in that corner.

And the dance goes on..

.. and on

until finally Image

Just one heist after another.. :roll: