Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

thoraz
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Jul 2017, 1:06 pm

Where can I find sites/apps like Tinder but only for making friends, not dating ? And no meet-up, just for finding friends online ? I am married, I don't need to date, but I am often lonely and I would like to find friends to talk to. I love this site for information and to ask questions like this one, but I can't find friends in here.

CharityGoodyGrace
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2017, 2:10 pm

I'll be your friend. What do you like to do? I like writing creative stories about autism activism and the like, lots more too, see my posts in the love and dating threads and in some of the threads in Getting to Know Each Other, threads started by NineInchNailsFan who is also a new forum friend of mine.

thoraz
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Jul 2017, 2:58 pm

I like playing video games, Zelda is my favorite. I also like to play board games like Catan , Stone Age, Clank and Carcassonne. I like to write music. I like to draw, manga and creatures. I like to read books on christianity and history books, I don't like fiction. I like to study WWII. I like to watch crime/serial killer, romance, vampire/sci fi and fantasy tv- shows and movies. I like to study and read almost anything online. I like to study autism and human and animal behavior. I also like to think about the universe and meaning of life. I like scheduling and to make schedules. I often read about health and diseases. I am married and I have 3 kids. It can be difficult, especially when I mostly feel like a kid myself, like I'm a newborn every day. I am the only parent in my children's classes in school that plays video games like Zelda. My kids think I am weird but in a good way. So I'm often lonely. My town is full of stereotypes and extroverts and I don't want to be rude but I don't like them very much.

I doubt that I can find any one that shares my interests. I'm told I have a narrow interest field and that I am not open to new things and/or new people. But I am willing to try.

the_phoenix
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2017, 6:56 pm

Hail and well met, thoraz ... and CharityGoodyGrace!

Pleased to meet you both. :)

I'm one of Wrong Planet's resident Star Trek fans ... big time, in fact! I self-identify as Q, and in the past have taken on Vulcan form. :D 8) I also like Star Wars, and as for fantasy, prefer Tolkien's works including the Hobbit and Lord of the Rings.

Am also into creative writing, have only composed one song on the piano but can play by ear.

I also study health, diseases, behavior, and natural remedies ... I've posted here more than once on the wonders of Epsom salts and also think organic apple cider vinegar in water is a wonderful cure, along with a proper wellness diet beforehand being better than medicine after the fact. It's much tastier to spend your money on good food instead of nasty old pills.