Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2017, 5:33 pm

Luvox is my 14th antidepressant I've been on so far. I am on day 5? I think and just raised to 50mg but the side effects are horrible. It really comes at a time in my life where I don't have the patience to ride this med-merry-go-round for a weeks or months to wait for side effects to go away if they ever do.

They give it to me at the hospital with my breakfast and it makes me so tired I essentially sleep until lunch. I feel apathetic, extremely fatigued, depressed/suicidal on it, constant feelings of dread, severe nausea, gut aches and diarhhea. Somehow it has the opposite effect at night and rather than helping me sleep it causes nightmares and causes me to wake up over a dozen times. My chronic pain is worse, everything is just worse.

bunnyb
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2017, 1:36 am

Nothing really helpful to say but it sounds awful. Do they listen when you tell them how it's making you feel? It would be a rare Dr if they did. When I was on Mirtazapine it made me suicidal and gave me really bad night terrors. I would crash around the room in the dark completely disoriented and freaking out. Plus it made super restless and I completely lost the ability to produce saliva. When I told the Dr I wanted to stop it because of the side effects, he threatened to section me and doubled the dose. He was, and probably still, is a douche. I became quietly non compliant.
I hope they will listen to you and find something that doesn't make life so miserable. Psych meds suck.

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2017, 11:38 am

bunnyb wrote:
Nothing really helpful to say but it sounds awful. Do they listen when you tell them how it's making you feel? It would be a rare Dr if they did. When I was on Mirtazapine it made me suicidal and gave me really bad night terrors. I would crash around the room in the dark completely disoriented and freaking out. Plus it made super restless and I completely lost the ability to produce saliva. When I told the Dr I wanted to stop it because of the side effects, he threatened to section me and doubled the dose. He was, and probably still, is a douche. I became quietly non compliant.
I hope they will listen to you and find something that doesn't make life so miserable. Psych meds suck.

Yeah I simply refused to take it Monday and my pdoc was completely understanding and discontinued the drug after day 6. We are gonna go back to using Anafranil instead which was a lot better.

The luvox even gave me a panic attack Sunday evening. It really is not the med for me.

For me Remeron never caused any side effects whatsoever. Ive used it for years. Though all it helps with is sleep, appetite and allergies, it is useless to me for anything else.

bunnyb
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2017, 8:10 pm

I'm glad to hear they stopped it. Anafranil is meant to be good for chronic pain. Have you found it works?

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2017, 8:38 pm

bunnyb wrote:
I'm glad to hear they stopped it. Anafranil is meant to be good for chronic pain. Have you found it works?

It helped slightly with my chronic pain, sleep and IBS-D. Never got to a dose that worked for OCD but thats the goal. Gonna be a slow taper up since it makes it hard for me to pee on it.

This_Amoeba
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2017, 8:49 pm

Luvox is the only antidepressant that has worked for me. It took a couple weeks for it to help with the depression. I take mine at night so sleep through the side effects. It has caused me to be completely apathetic about socializing. I don't care to socialize at all anymore, but I'm definitely no longer as depressed or anxious as I was.